Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: scotland .anyone care?

Post by Boody »

theraven1979 wrote:Well its a No. Can I close this thread now? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk
Oh, yes please.... Time for us to get back to planning next March. Nearly 4:30 and I haven't bought a ticket yet. Aaaaaaah!
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

kjblack wrote:
anytimecowboy wrote:The No vote was an 'im alright jack vote' selfish bastards. So I hope we get more of the same just out of spite. We had a chance to change UK politicsand amke a real socialy conscious democracy but people just dont care, it seems people only care about themselves and their own nose. Fuck them I hope the UK becomes more unfair and less domacratic just to spite the selfish no voters.
A fairly typical response from the disappointed Nationalist.

Banging on about democracy but when a democratic vote delivers a clear majority against, then it's, "Fuck democracy and the selfish bastards who don't share my opinions."

Some of the aggression from the Yes camp must have turned more than a few undecided voters against.
I disagree that it was an 'I'm Alright Jack' vote. I also disagree that it was very much of a 'Clear Majority'. O.K., it WAS a majority and that's democracy. However, 4 in 10 still voted for independence. That's a bloody big minority.

In any case I congratulate Scotland for achieving an 84% turn-out. I hope us English will all get off our arses and vote next May.
ManInBrown
punkerdgray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by punkerdgray »

The bottom line is whoever is in charge of the country it will be the same old system same old bullshit and lies. :grin:
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I wish the majority all the best in their push to get those extra powers.

Me, I'm out of it as they don't represent me, I will continue to vote but never for a Unionist party.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Know how u feel ill never vote labour, tory or lib. I have a vote but none of those charlatans will get it. Time for change.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:I wish the majority all the best in their push to get those extra powers.

Me, I'm out of it as they don't represent me, I will continue to vote but never for a Unionist party.

Mardy fucker!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:I wish the majority all the best in their push to get those extra powers.

Mardy fucker!
Not at all, the majority have spoken, it's their gig now.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

And yours - you still have a vote for future decisions/elections.

Jim
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:

Mardy fucker!
Not at all, the majority have spoken, it's their gig now.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
anytimecowboy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by anytimecowboy »

kjblack wrote:
anytimecowboy wrote:The No vote was an 'im alright jack vote' selfish bastards. So I hope we get more of the same just out of spite. We had a chance to change UK politicsand amke a real socialy conscious democracy but people just dont care, it seems people only care about themselves and their own nose. Fuck them I hope the UK becomes more unfair and less domacratic just to spite the selfish no voters.
A fairly typical response from the disappointed Nationalist.

Banging on about democracy but when a democratic vote delivers a clear majority against, then it's, "Fuck democracy and the selfish bastards who don't share my opinions."

Some of the aggression from the Yes camp must have turned more than a few undecided voters against.
Yes or you could actually try to understand the point i was making regarding democracy. Do the no voters want real democracy?, did we vote for a house of lords? did we vote for an unelected head of state? did we vote for a self serving corrupt boys club parliment? If not why vote no? I beleive many of teh no voters did so through fear from teh no campaign lies. Do you know the CSA lettered all employees and bullied them to vote NO?

There were a lot of things on the establishmnet no campaign which counter democracy, LIES basically i could make an extensive list. There has never beem a scandal at holyrood and despite any reasonable opinion about the SNP they are pretty much scandal free ergo an independant holyrood would be potentially the light of the world in terms of REAL democracy and that is what the referendum was about not just about nationalism. For me it was never about nationalism but the NOs couldnt see that. So yes the refernedum vote was democracy and the people decided but under what circumstances ? and does everyone really understand whats going on?

The establishment beat us down, thats what happened we had a chance for the people to control democracy and the establishment scuppered us so yes I feel perfectly defensible in my claim of fuck them, fuck the selfish people who thought the referendum was about nationalsim and party politics. It was about liberty and social justice but people are selfish and only think about their bank accounts and what the papers tell them

The people had a chance to take control and all the struggles from the 1860s until now would finally be realised ---actual democracy people the dream!! but you said no (by 10%) so yes fuck you
ya dont miss yer water till yer well runs dry
meanie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by meanie »

Maybe it's time to close this thread :wink:
I'll see you in the sewer!!!
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Yes time to close it nothing has changed same old shit.fuck religion
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Any others want me to close this or keep it open? I think its done as its purpose was a discussion prior to the vote. Yes or No you decide....shit! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"