scotland .anyone care?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: scotland .anyone care?

Post by Greatkudu »

Westminster must be running scared as they have the three stooges in haggis land at the moment trying to convince the scot's to stay with the happy union.

I think people will panic and at the last moment decide to stay with us mean and horrible sasanachs,as for jobs It would be a disaster as there are quite a

few in the Defence industry that would maybe go if the Jock's (said with affection) decided to break away.To be honest If you look around the world

there are quite a few disasters when countries break away,but the Scot's are very proud people and Westminster hasn't served them well over the years.

Let's see what happens?
anytimecowboy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by anytimecowboy »

quote]
As the No campaign has being saying there's no going back,if it's a Yes vote that's Scotland no longer a part of the UK-end of!.
If things go wrong Scotland can't 'ask' to comeback to the UK with our tails between our legs and begging for forgiveness.
Regarding the EU the UK if it still exists will be having a referendum in 2017 to decide if we want to stay part of the EU.
If Scotland leaves the rest of the UK well have the referendum and Scotland has to apply for membership if we leave the UK.[/quote]

Do you really beleive ''ask' [ing] to comeback to the UK with our tails between our legs and begging for forgiveness', is a realistic prediction of events following indpendence? Who would offer this forgiveness and in what form would it be given? Furthermore is begging for anything an appropriate or even realistic approach for a country's Government to negotiate a union?

Nonetheless I see little to be gained from a self serving, undemocratic, outdated capatalist and elitist Parliment that serves next to a family of monarchical tyrants and landed peers. Post Independance I fully expect difficultues, rising cost of living and changes in public services but thats coming regardless.
ya dont miss yer water till yer well runs dry
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

How quickly are they expecting the result ? By chance, im in Scotland all next week and flying home the day after the vote
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
anytimecowboy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by anytimecowboy »

Similarly to general election there will be results throughout the night and a final result first thing in the morning
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

If we can deport the Krankies from England after a yes vote then I am all in favour
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Yes and maybe we can deport Cilla Black while we are about it. No Scottish blood in her I daresay, but it would just be good to be shot of her...
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

We don't want Cilla either... :grin: or any other scouser........... :grin:
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

Boody wrote:Yes and maybe we can deport Cilla Black while we are about it. No Scottish blood in her I daresay, but it would just be good to be shot of her...
take john bishop aswell please.
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

yesican wrote:We don't want Cilla either... :grin: or any other scouser........... :grin:
8)
Attachments
wouldn't wanna live anywhere else thankyou very much
wouldn't wanna live anywhere else thankyou very much
liverpool 2.jpg (105 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I voted YES, as this WILL be the only and last time we get to decide on it.
The next time it rears it's ugly head will be when the Oil &Gas does run out and we'll get it foisted on us whether we want it or not.

Loads of scenarios, but rUK and the BoE aren't the only game in town when it comes to financial Unions or Banking.
I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty of 'helping' hands from others if needed. What's Oil priced in again?

Regards the EU.
As was pointed out to day, there are figures that will come into effect.
1, the % population Scotland is in the EU.
20, the % of the Fishing areas Scotland has in the EU.
25, the % of the renewable wind and tidal energy Scotland has in the EU.
60, the % of the conventional Oil & Gas Reserves Scotland has in the EU.

There will be negotiations to become Full Members of the EU, but in the intervening time we are still members under the UK.
There are also no legal frameworks or precedents for expelling any current members, and has been pointed out would require all 28 member states to agree on any new laws, which could take years and cost countless Billions, all just to see the above resources removed from the EU portfolio?

With regards the NATO membership, I'm sure of continued membership, as I wouldn't think the USA would want any external states(Comrade Vladimir :wink: ) getting a shoofty around Faslane and Coulport to see what their systems are.

Maybe once the Westminster Politicians stop screaming and stamping their feet, we could all sit down and discuss a way forward as adults.

Interesting to note how the Scottish residing contingent are voting in Jims poll?
At the time of writing this, it was 100% Yes.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
anytimecowboy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by anytimecowboy »

I wonder what will happen to all the unionist rangers drum bangers and pipe blowers come an independent scotland. Will they still wave their union flag? Im personally completley secular in my position but I think they might look a bit silly
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

So if a yes to independence will next March Scottish dates now be classed as European dates, and mean a wonky bus trip to glasgow sect :grin:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better