scotland .anyone care?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: scotland .anyone care?

Post by delboyinblack »

scouserat wrote:
delboyinblack wrote:To Scouserat well done for admitting you were wrong.
admitting i was wrong about what? Im just a working class Englishman looking in ,you wanna be part of the Uk or not the impression i get and probably cos the anti british corner is a lot louder than the pro british corner ( surprise!)is you dont .The UK is better with scotland in all im sayin is im not gonna loose sleep over it if u vote out, most english working class people wont lose sleep either i dont think its much of a big deal down here but thats why i posted.
Not going to get into an argument with you.To be honest you only apologised for your post because folk rounded on you and you really believe what you originally posted because you're ignorant about the facts.Thought you were making a name for yourself and it backfired!.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Oh the inconvenience, after independence, of having to go to a bank and changing our
"haggis pounds" into decent english currency when we want to
visit down south and spend some money?
A bit like how it is right now, in fact. :roll:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

scouserat wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any views on scottish independence does anyone care if they stay in the UK or not? Personally i couldn't give a hoot if they left as long as they just leave for good and stop gettin money off the UK government to keep their economy going ,they can change to the euro or haggis pound or whatever they want as long as they keep their hands off the British pound note ,ounce youv,e gone your on your own Jimmy, (if the vote is to leave that is).Might be a good thing stop Rangers and Celtic crying that there is no competition in the scottish leagues and wanting to play in the EPL bringing all that religous bigatory with them . just a thought.(if they do vote for independence i hope im not banned from seeing the Mib in glasow i do enjoy that gig to be honest).
Scotland has been part of Great Britain since 1707.
Scottish engineers, scientists and doctors have contributed to Britain's progress and welfare since the beginning. Not to mention the countless Scottish lives lost serving Britain's Empire and fighting it's wars. ("When the Queen needs some soldiers, she kens where to send...")
To say Scotland's current role in the Union is, "getting money off the UK government to keep their economy going," makes as much sense as saying Liverpool is full of thieving, scally, benefit-cheating, scouserats. Both statements are rubbish.
As for Rangers and Celtic, the clubs represent two strands of modern Scotland, two cultures and a divided religion, but that doesn't equate to "religious bigatory." The rivalry can get quite tasty but I prefer it to the Merseyside love in between Liverpool and Everton fans.
And we're not often called Jimmy anymore and most Scots hardly ever eat haggis.
As you asked, I care deeply about Scotland staying in the UK and you should too. For what it's worth, I think everyone in Britain should have a say in this because it will affect us all.
Anyway, you'll always be welcome In Glasgow to see the Stranglers, I'm sure. And well done for starting a thread that's got a bit more to it than Song of the Day.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

On the brifgt side is Scotland does get its independence then Sean Connery will return .
Nothing to do with the Bahamas being a Tax Haven just that Sean Connery is a proud Scot...
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

Trying to say something.................?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

On the plus side, Michelle Mone has said she'd be leaving, AGAIN!!!!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
T.F.P.R.H.G
Rats Rally

Post by T.F.P.R.H.G »

who south of the border gives flying bombay duck
Saidagibb !
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

T.F.P.R.H.G wrote:who south of the border gives flying bombay duck
Anyone with any sense.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

proud brit david bowie, apparently.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

Looks like the general consensus is that folk down south don't really care if we Scots leave the UK.
Shame.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
fuzzguitars
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by fuzzguitars »

scouserat wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any views on scottish independence does anyone care if they stay in the UK or not? Personally i couldn't give a hoot if they left as long as they just leave for good and stop gettin money off the UK government to keep their economy going ,they can change to the euro or haggis pound or whatever they want as long as they keep their hands off the British pound note ,ounce youv,e gone your on your own Jimmy, (if the vote is to leave that is).Might be a good thing stop Rangers and Celtic crying that there is no competition in the scottish leagues and wanting to play in the EPL bringing all that religous bigatory with them . just a thought.(if they do vote for independence i hope im not banned from seeing the Mib in glasow i do enjoy that gig to be honest).
Allow me to way in if Engerlund keeps voting Tory YOU WILL BE A THIED WORLD COUNTRY IN NO TIME. Foodbanks for the poor and tax cuts for the rich the stinking fucking TORY WAY!
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

[quote="Toiler On The Sea"]On the plus side, Michelle Mone has said she'd be leaving, AGAIN!!!![/quote

Michelle Mone - a working class Glasgow girl (and quite beautiful,) who has made a success of her life. An independent Scotland would be better off without the likes of her. :roll: