Nelson Mandela R.I.P

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

iain
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Nelson Mandela R.I.P

Post by iain »

Wonder how the families of the victims of his terrorism feel today?
rotten thoughts
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Let's have some of the detail about his 'terrorism' then please.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

kincajou wrote:
Black Leather Jacket wrote:I misheard the news. I thought it was the end for my Nissan Main Dealer
Not the time for such comments. Have some respect.
Get over yourself. He was 95. He did some good in the World. Game over.

Humour is part of our culture and always will be. Every time someone famous dies, the jokes will follow. I feel for his brother Sam, he died of food poisoning.
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

iain wrote:Wonder how the families of the victims of his terrorism feel today?
Terrorists, Freedom Fighters, Insurgents, Revolutionaries..

All depends on your point of view, which side you are on and, ultimately, who wins.

The French Resistance where called 'terrorists' by the Nazis and also killed a lot of 'innocent' civilians.
The British called the Americans fighting for independence 'terrorists'.

George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Mahatma Gandhi, Emmeline Pankhurst, Menachim Begin, Subhas Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh and Nelson Mandela were all labelled 'terrorists'.

But history is written by the victors.
ManInBrown
leskei
Rats Rally

Post by leskei »

Bobinblack wrote:Let's have some of the detail about his 'terrorism' then please.
here is a few details bob, particular attention to church st bombings
www.netcomuk.co.uk/~springbk/enemy.html‎
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

image.jpg
image.jpg (98.58 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

All I will say is ,a great man and a true "Giant" in every sense.
dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by dreamtime101 »

Greatkudu wrote:All I will say is ,a great man and a true "Giant" in every sense.
A truly great man, when the band talks of Giants he would be definitely one of them. Tolerance. Co-operation. Forgiveness. RIP
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

Black Leather Jacket wrote:
kincajou wrote:
Black Leather Jacket wrote:I misheard the news. I thought it was the end for my Nissan Main Dealer
Not the time for such comments. Have some respect.
Every time someone famous dies, the jokes will follow.
Doesn't mean it's right. Doesn't mean you need to post them here either, there's a joke thread on this board, remember. It's a pity you can't show just a tiny little bit of the dignity he had.
yongkuk
Rats Rally

Post by yongkuk »

leskei wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:Let's have some of the detail about his 'terrorism' then please.
here is a few details bob, particular attention to church st bombings
http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~springbk/enemy.html‎
Oh dear that is your evidence eh, do you know what the Springbok Club is? You'll be telling me to go and look at the BNP website next for some 'facts'
3000 Albums in 3000 Days
http://300albums.wordpress.com
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Dearest Tata,

There is much I want to say to you, and regret I will no longer have the chance. Having said that, I feel privileged to have known you, and to have benefited from your wisdom and example.

You taught me lessons of leadership, humility, generosity, courage and integrity. To say that you inspired me and my generation, would be an understatement.

My career would not have been possible but for you. The chance of playing at the highest level in football outside of South Africa did not exist before your release from prison. When times were tough in my early days in Leeds, away from South Africa, I drew motivation from your courage and tenacity. When captaining teams, whether Bafana Bafana or Leeds United, you were my role model for leadership. Your ability to bring people together for a common cause, despite their differences, was a great gift.

I think I speak for every player who pulled on a Bafana Bafana, Springbok or Protea jersey, and any other South African sportsperson, when I say that we never ever played just for ourselves or even our country. We played for you and the special ideals that you stood for. You taught me how sport could be an indomitable force for social change, and how it could impact individuals, communities and nations.

I was so proud to welcome you to Leeds, my home away from home, and I know the pride you felt in my accomplishments. It was so humbling. You will never know how much that visit meant to Feziwe and me. It was a day that will forever be etched in my mind. I always felt special that you had your own name for me, Mthimkhulu.

I know children were at the heart of your philanthropic vision and I promise to continue working in your image to motivate, help and galvanize South Africa’s next generation. Part of your legacy is that so many of us are stirred to carry the torch.

The sports history books in South Africa will show statistics and victories. What they won’t show, however, was that it was Madiba Magic that forged those results and performances; and united a country and its people along the way. No doubt, that Madiba Magic will live on. Thank you Tata.

Much love,

Lucas Radebe
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

Thanks for sharing that Bobinblack, very moving and testament to how the great man touched the hearts of individuals prevented from flourishing under the apartheid regime.