Pussy Riot

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Pussy Riot

Post by LAFOLIE »

After watching the Pussy Riot documentary last night, it got me thinking. If their 'show' in the church got them two years in a Russian labour camp..............I just wonder what stretch The Stranglers would of got if we lived under this oppressive regime!

I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root
kincajou
Rats Rally

Re: Pussy Riot

Post by kincajou »

They could do renditions of the Vladimir & Olga stories!

Not sure they'd get the same treatment as Pussy Riot though as they're not women. Russian authorities don't seem to like women who speak up for themselves. I thought it was a really good documentary (catch it on BBC4 iplayer) that fully explained the issue. Very brave of the women to challenge Putin's regime and their corrupt trial. Although they've only got two years, I fear they might 'disappear' or 'commit suicide' before the end of their sentences.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Only time I'd heard about them was when they'd been arrested, maybe watch the doc.

Now if it was a couple of guys from Arbroath who set out to scam the Hip-Hop scene?????
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

kincajou wrote:They could do renditions of the Vladimir & Olga stories!

Not sure they'd get the same treatment as Pussy Riot though as they're not women. Russian authorities don't seem to like women who speak up for themselves. I thought it was a really good documentary (catch it on BBC4 iplayer) that fully explained the issue. Very brave of the women to challenge Putin's regime and their corrupt trial. Although they've only got two years, I fear they might 'disappear' or 'commit suicide' before the end of their sentences.
Ominously, the latest news is that one of Pussy Riot has 'disappeared'. Putin, are you Stalin in disguise?
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Great name for a band.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

kincajou wrote:
kincajou wrote:They could do renditions of the Vladimir & Olga stories!

Ominously, the latest news is that one of Pussy Riot has 'disappeared'. Putin, are you Stalin in disguise?
They were probably given a "Holiday Cottage" in Siberia :shock: RIP
beebop
Rats Rally

Post by beebop »

Support for the Ruby Tour .... Now that's thought provoking !
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

kjblack wrote:Great name for a band.
Agreed it is a good name for a band.