weather

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

weather

Post by pigeon »

Meh! You know things are turning rubbish when i return home from work at 11.30pm like a drownd rat,even with my weather proofs on. Now i can do open heart surgery,back surgery but the one thing i cant do is a nasty head cold. The five moth slog starts now roll on march. Oh gas suppliers whoever they are (i dont deal with that stuff) have made my parents put up rent this month by £20 cos theyve uped the price of the gas thing by £20 for the winter months so its more than it was during the summer. Which doesnt make much sense to me.
Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: weather

Post by Bag Lady »

pigeon wrote:Meh! You know things are turning rubbish when i return home from work at 11.30pm like a drownd rat,even with my weather proofs on. Now i can do open heart surgery,back surgery but the one thing i cant do is a nasty head cold. The five moth slog starts now roll on march. Oh gas suppliers whoever they are (i dont deal with that stuff) have made my parents put up rent this month by £20 cos theyve uped the price of the gas thing by £20 for the winter months so its more than it was during the summer. Which doesnt make much sense to me.
Definitely in my top ten of Pigeon posts, classic.
No one can win against kipple.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

It's almost poetry.
Maybe Pidge should compile some of his best posts and do a reading?
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Wouldn't be so bad, but your all electric :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
elvisintheclouds
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by elvisintheclouds »

pigeon wrote:Now i can do open heart surgery,back surgery...
You're wasted at Asda mate ;)
Can you do brain surgery too?
But on a less frivolous note...
Totally agree with you re. the poxy weather!
We went from summer to winter like the switch of a light last week.
Sympathy on the head cold, I've been a bit under the weather too!
Thank you very much
EiTC
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

My winter nights are so much colder.

I dont remember the last time I can say that by the UK standards we had a pretty good summer.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Well thank god thats over. Its been a pestering sort of rain today. Got to go and give someone guitar lessons now.if iwas john ellis i could charge £180 for it. Agree elvisintheclouds guess our card for sunshine has just run out of credit. In the end it was a preety good summer alex.
BATMAN
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by BATMAN »

pigeon wrote:Meh! You know things are turning rubbish when i return home from work at 11.30pm like a drownd rat,even with my weather proofs on. Now i can do open heart surgery,back surgery but the one thing i cant do is a nasty head cold. The five moth slog starts now roll on march. Oh gas suppliers whoever they are (i dont deal with that stuff) have made my parents put up rent this month by £20 cos theyve uped the price of the gas thing by £20 for the winter months so its more than it was during the summer. Which doesnt make much sense to me.
I had back surgery last november and still not able to go back to work. Would have preferred a "nasty head cold" !
pigeon.jpg
pigeon.jpg (8.3 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Really chucked it down today.
Ravenette
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Ravenette »

I seriously cannot believe a thread has been started on the weather! FFS!!!! Or even that I am adding to it!!! Must need my head testing or something!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

BUT STATION WEATHER ALERT - ATTENTION ALL MiB AND WiB

BRITAIN is bracing itself for what could be one of the fiercest storms in years.

The St Jude Storm, named after the patron saint of lost causes and desperation, is expected to sweep across the UK on Monday, October 28, 2013.

The storm is expected to build over the Atlantic Ocean before surging east, with Scunthorpe and North Lincolnshire expecting to feel the full force of the weather.

Gusts of up to 90mph have been predicted in some areas, with 70mph the anticipated mximum for the North of England.

Heavy rain is also expected as the storm moves over the country.

The storm is predicted to be the start of a week of poor weather, with further rain anticipated on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

The St Jude Storm is expected to hit the UK mainland late on Sunday night and continue throughout Monday.

The Met Office has already issued a flood warning across the North East due to heavy rain in recent days, with the storm placing some areas at high risk of flooding as well as damage caused by the high winds.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

PaulinLondon wrote:BUT STATION WEATHER ALERT - ATTENTION ALL MiB AND WiB

BRITAIN is bracing itself for what could be one of the fiercest storms in years.

The St Jude Storm, named after the patron saint of lost causes and desperation, is expected to sweep across the UK on Monday, October 28, 2013.

The storm is expected to build over the Atlantic Ocean before surging east, with Scunthorpe and North Lincolnshire expecting to feel the full force of the weather.

Gusts of up to 90mph have been predicted in some areas, with 70mph the anticipated mximum for the North of England.

Heavy rain is also expected as the storm moves over the country.

The storm is predicted to be the start of a week of poor weather, with further rain anticipated on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

The St Jude Storm is expected to hit the UK mainland late on Sunday night and continue throughout Monday.

The Met Office has already issued a flood warning across the North East due to heavy rain in recent days, with the storm placing some areas at high risk of flooding as well as damage caused by the high winds.
An Indian summers day for us then.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.