Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

2012 - how was it for you ?

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Good ? Bad ? Indifferent ?
Yes I know there's still a few hours left ( about 57 ) , but maybe time to look at the year and sum it all up .
All quiet ..........
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: 2012 - how was it for you ?

Post by Alexinblack »

On the whole it was pretty good. Four great Stranglers gig as well as many other greats gigs. Chester got promoted, WBA are doing very well, and at the end of the year I have my health
Role on 2013.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

As always, has gone by way too fast :shock: :shock: . Maybe it's because I live it in 3 week cycles???

Plenty of Stranglers/Hugh/Straighten Out action throughout the year to quench my needs. Roll on 2013.

Got a 'Thanks to' mention on the new Shatterhand album, which was nice. :smt004
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Pretty good. Not outstanding, but reasonably painless with a sprinkling of fun. And any year you can walk away from is a good year. :grin:
ManInBrown
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

Shit.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Quite a hard year, lost 3 jobs in 4 weeks after closures - Why do these bastards give me a job when they know they are struggling and then i have to spend weeks trying to get benefits, only to be told I can't as I have to wait for other things and then I get told I cannot be paid as the company went into Administration
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Loved it - I'm getting a real hunger for live music again. Hope 2013 is as good.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
zontar

Post by zontar »

Just another year pissed away for me, made more depressing since I likely don't have many left. Hoping all fared much better.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

theraven1979 wrote:Loved it - I'm getting a real hunger for live music again. Hope 2013 is as good.

Jim
Midlife crisis setting in no doubt.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Odd years are normally better for me than even - Therefore I'm looking forward to 2013 rather than back at 2012.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
meanie

Post by meanie »

Seems to have been a rotten year for many people I know. lots of tragedy and expense, for me it was ok, nothing spectacular (except expensive) culminating in a rare trip for The Stranglers to Aus, so we're going out on higher note, and I'm convinced next year will be better. :wink:
I'll see you in the sewer!!!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I think you always have to think the next year will be better than the last , be positive . Whether it is or not is another thing .
2012 a mixed bag for me . Sports - well Ken Bates is on his way out of Leeds so thats a positive , oin the field though its the same old rubbish and another clueless idiot in chargeof selection . The olympics- have to admit I was one of those negative about it and it turned out to be a fantastic spectacle , a great Tour de France too .
Music by and large passed me by , as usual these days - two albums - one brilliant one by Killing Joke and IMO an averageish Stranglers one . Other than that i really don't have a clue musically these days , tempted to get the old bass out again and get something going , though I'm 25 years rusty . My own sporting achievements - won one race but ended up most of the year with one injury or another usually not related to running but stopping me from running ( must remember that football these days isn't going to do me much good and kicking anything results in groin strain ) . At 50 , motivation to get started again after injury seems a bit lacking compared to previous years .

And - bloody 50 - don't like that number .
All quiet ..........