Don't Put Your (Son &) Daughter On The Stage Mr Andrews

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Don't Put Your (Son &) Daughter On The Stage Mr Andrews

Post by adriana »

In July 2014, my son, Rudi, is down to participate in a school expedition to to Borneo.

The idea is that young teenagers, having completed their GCSEs, travel either to Borneo or Cambodia (depending upon environmental and political stability in those regions at the time of travel) to spend a month contributing to a range of social and conservational projects that meet the particular needs of the
local population and environment as required. These activities may include amongst other things:

assistance with school/clinic construction
teaching children and adults within schools
assisting in planting and harvesting activities
reforestation activities
marine monitoring

As well as engaging with the local community, there are opportunities for recreation that with luck would lead to a PADI scuba qualification.

Funding

This trip is unsurprisingly very expensive (it goes beyond the trip to France and the obligatory trek to the Science Museum that I did!) and as such the candidates are expected to use their own initiative to formulate ideas that will generate the funding of the trip on the back of their own efforts.

Of the money raised, approximately 50% goes directly into the funding of the projects that the children themselves become involved with.

It happens that Rudi is an enthusiatic music student and he suggested busking. We looked into the feasability of this and found that such a plan involves local council licencing issues amonst other considerations. However, some exposure on these pages is easy as a first step (call it on-line busking!).

On my website, there is a Youtube clip in which Rudi and his sister, Ramona, perform 'Bohemian Like You' by The Dandy Warhols. Please take a look if you have the inclination and the time. There is a donation button there if you like it... or eve if you'd like them to stop!

http://auralsculptors.blogspot.co.uk/

If there is any interest, they have other stuff lined up! Gunta is thinking 'The White Stripes' here..... I'm more inclined towards Peters and Lee!

Thanks in advance.

Adrian.
"Like A Force Nine Gale Of Bad Breath" Chas De Whalley Sounds

http://www.auralsculptors.blogspot.co.uk
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Don't Put Your (Son &) Daughter On The Stage Mr Andrews

Post by Burn e 77 »

Good luck to both of them, Adriana!
Burn e 77
Something better change!
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by paul b »

beware Adrian i work for Social Services xxxx
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

paul b wrote:beware Adrian i work for Social Services xxxx

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

My daughter is off to climb Kilimanjaro for Meningitis Research Foundation. It's gonna be a long slog, but she's raised £200 of the £2650 so far, so that's not bad in 3 weeks.

She's going to be doing quiz nights and many other fund raising things in Portsmouth - If anyone's got any fundraising ideas, they will be most welcome.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I wish someone raised some funds for me when I was at school - nearest I got to Cambodia was stood in a river in the Yorkshire Dales examining scree build up.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adriana »

Sorry, more charity based sibling caterwauling!

So, here we go again, the second instalment of my children's musical efforts, with the aim of sending the bigger one to the other side of the Earth for a month!

Anyway, this song, a homage to footwear related violence, is a tribute to Nancy Sinatra, with something of a nod to the mighty Symarip. Here is then, 'These Boots Are Made For Walking'.

As before, should you feel inclined, there is a PayPal donation button.

Heartfelt thanks goes to those how have already 'sponsored' Rudi, it really is appreciated!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... V9yWnUtCEQ
"Like A Force Nine Gale Of Bad Breath" Chas De Whalley Sounds

http://www.auralsculptors.blogspot.co.uk
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Good luck Rudi !

Donation sent. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.