The Official Lympics thread.....

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Re: The Official Lympics thread.....

Post by Rockula »

I live in London but I'm avoiding the limp dick's tedium.
ManInBrown
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:What a superb show - Makes you proud to be British.

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Shame then that our monarchy are bloody Krauts and inbreds .
All quiet ..........
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

There's one of these on a Leeds United forum I go on , its now descended to random fit female olympic totty .
Only thought I'd mention that . There's loads of pictures .
http://www.thesquareball.net/phpbb/view ... f=1&t=4300
All quiet ..........
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

Peaches was being played as one of the 'between points' musical snippets in the beach volleyball today!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

My wife's boss went to see the Swedish girls play in the Beach Volleyball. It's funny though. He's previously shown no interest in sport whatsover. :)
ManInBrown
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

theraven1979 wrote:Agreed. Fantastic show.

Jim

it's Rubbish! Overrated, like The Clash apparently!
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

dead ringer wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Agreed. Fantastic show.

Jim

it's Rubbish! Overrated, like The Clash apparently!

Seconded... :smt023

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Sat down to watch the opening ceremony with my cynical head firmly ready to pour scorn on what I expected to be a tedious extension of the pomp and circumstance of the jubilee celebrations. By the end of the event my cynicism was truly shattered and I was wondering had I gone soft. Remarkable ceremony and Danny Boyle deserves the plaudits.

He also managed to piss off a few Tory Mp´s, Toby Young and the Daily Mail, so just for that he deserves 3 gold medals.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

unbroken69 wrote:Sat down to watch the opening ceremony with my cynical head firmly ready to pour scorn on what I expected to be a tedious extension of the pomp and circumstance of the jubilee celebrations. By the end of the event my cynicism was truly shattered and I was wondering had I gone soft. Remarkable ceremony and Danny Boyle deserves the plaudits.

He also managed to piss off a few Tory Mp´s, Toby Young and the Daily Mail, so just for that he deserves 3 gold medals.
:smt023 :smt038

Well said. Superb show
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

[quote="unbroken69"]Sat down to watch the opening ceremony with my cynical head firmly ready to pour scorn on what I expected to be a tedious extension of the pomp and circumstance of the jubilee celebrations. By the end of the event my cynicism was truly shattered and I was wondering had I gone soft. Remarkable ceremony and Danny Boyle deserves the plaudits.

Cost of the Olympics so far is over £12billion and that could double by the end apparently so i'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you feel you got your moneys worth!
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

dead ringer wrote:
unbroken69 wrote:Sat down to watch the opening ceremony with my cynical head firmly ready to pour scorn on what I expected to be a tedious extension of the pomp and circumstance of the jubilee celebrations. By the end of the event my cynicism was truly shattered and I was wondering had I gone soft. Remarkable ceremony and Danny Boyle deserves the plaudits.

Cost of the Olympics so far is over £12billion and that could double by the end apparently so i'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you feel you got your moneys worth!
It's worth every penny to our economy. It has reached so many new parts and the hits on English etc tourist sites have been phenomenal

It will bring us loads more money over the next 5/6 years - Fear not, this is an exceptional publicity stunt for our country and it is going very well so far.

3 cheers for Mr Boyle
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

dead ringer wrote:

'Stuck in Daily Mail land and you don't understand!' 8)
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!