Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 1970's toys/games

Post by NMH1965 »

Derbyducks in Black wrote:
Hammersmith1982 wrote:Why did everyone have Afrika Korps??? I had a pack (Yes 35p as well) and so did most of my mates :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’ve thought about this.. i think we must have been all taken in by the lurid oil painting that adorned the box... and for that matter the boxes of all airfix models and the old ladybird books..

this type of artwork has seen a resurgence in recent times... called hyper-realism check this out...
http://www.escapeintolife.com/painting/richard-estes/

Jeez... £7.49 a box...
http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/d ... 32-a02708/

Cheers
David
Yep even I had the Afrika Korps...........£7.49 box.

I oticed it was for 14 unpainted figures, pretty certin in the 70's you got 29 figures in a box. 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Red Eye Ray »

Not been on here for a while, but i,ve enjoyed some of the old Games/Toys mentioned on this thread,had a lot of the stuff mentioned likes of the Captain Scarlet Dinky Toys, the SPV which was the kinda armoured car thingy where it fired a rocket out the front and the Captain himself shot out the side on a wee seat,Blue in colour,then there was the MSV which was the White one that again opened up side doors to reveal a wee white crate! The the last one was the Red one,which was the wee fast sports car.(Can't remember the name of it?)
Also remember having Joe 90's car which had wings that came out from the side and it also lit up i think?
SHADO Mobile with flip over roof with rocket launcher and of course an Eagle Transporter,top stuff.
Footie game that i also had other than Striker/Subbeuto was Big League,that was the one where you pulled the spring action legs back,you also got bottles of paint and a chart with all the team colours so that you could paint them the teams of your choice and then put the wee number transfers on their backs! (This was always a pain in the arse,even worse if you were opting for Celtic,as their numbers were on their shorts in those days :roll: :grin: )
Had lots of AIRFIX kits,wasn't into the ships,but loved the Tanks and WW2 era planes,magic! My favourite box of Soddies was the Japanese Infantry, and also the 00 scale WW1 German Infantry with the wee spikes on their helmets! :shock: 8)

Don't forget Little Big Man tae,Action Man's wee cousin! :oops: :shock:
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle (SPV).. Blue One
Spectrum Patrol Car (SPC).. Red One
Maximum Security Vehicle (MSV) White One

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Bit boring (and possibly girly!) but spacehopper and stylophone (Rolf Harris had a lot to answer for back then too!) :lol:
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

MB Games Electronic Battleships! Awesome! (Sound effects reminiscent of Dave's keyboards...)
electronicbs.jpg (29 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

BasiltheBrush wrote:MB Games Electronic Battleships! Awesome! (Sound effects reminiscent of Dave's keyboards...)
electronicbs.jpg
Now that looked more realistic than the real thing, which was always made for great adverts when you were a kid 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Dead Loss Hemel
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dead Loss Hemel »

How about Crossfire :grin: used to do my finger in trying to fire it too fast.

Top Trumps still love them.

Steve Austin(six million dollar man) with Maskertron with interchangeable faces and the body parts that fired off :grin:

happy days could go on for ever.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I had a batmobile (Batman & Robin & The Joker, Penguin etc) with an exploding bridge and tower that blew up 8) and erm also Wonder Woman and her invisible plane :oops:
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

jason wrote:I had a batmobile (Batman & Robin & The Joker, Penguin etc) with an exploding bridge and tower that blew up 8) and erm also Wonder Woman and her invisible plane :oops:

Yeah I got that Xmas '77 :P
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Five Minutes wrote:
jason wrote:I had a batmobile (Batman & Robin & The Joker, Penguin etc) with an exploding bridge and tower that blew up 8) and erm also Wonder Woman and her invisible plane :oops:

Yeah I got that Xmas '77 :P
Good wern't it! :lol:
The Bee
Rats Rally

Post by The Bee »

How did you know where the invisible plane was?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

The Bee wrote:How did you know where the invisible plane was?
I dunno I lost it!