Dispatches - Great Ticket Scandal Channel 4

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Dispatches - Great Ticket Scandal Channel 4

Post by adriana »

Just watching an expose of the ticket resale website racket. I knew that there was a link between some of the main on line ticket sites and some of these "fan sale" sites, the likes of seatwave an viagogo. Watch this online, :smt013 it's a scam of monumental proportions, never give these sites the time os day again (and of course many of the main outlets are involved, but I don't know what can be done about that!).

The touts will do well on the back of this.

If you are one of the many that are missing the Roundhouse gig its in a big part due to these cnuts!! :smt013
"Like A Force Nine Gale Of Bad Breath" Chas De Whalley Sounds

http://www.auralsculptors.blogspot.co.uk
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Dispatches - Great Ticket Scandal Channel 4

Post by manticore »

glad im not into the likes of coldplay.dont fancy paying £2000 to see them.we're lucky the stranglers aint a massive arena band or we would be getting ripped of by the likes of these sods.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Bring back the days of queuing for a ticket first come first serve, and only 2 tickets per person.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Viagogo have Stranglers Roundhouse tickets on their site going from 47 quid to 200 quid. I will not be taken for a cunt by anyone. The worst thing about this is that the promoters, venues, touts and opportunist fans who unscrupulously rip off fellow fans are all in on the act. There should certainly be a limit on ticket purchases by individuals.

manticore wrote:glad im not into the likes of coldplay.dont fancy paying £2000 to see them.we're lucky the stranglers aint a massive arena band or we would be getting ripped of by the likes of these sods.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

RE: Dispatches - Great Ticket Scandal Channel 4

Post by theraven1979 »

Id want at least 2k to be forced to see Coldplay.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

A fool and his money are soon parted?

ANYONE who pays these prices deserve everything they get(including watching Coldplay :smt005 )
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

I must admit I didn't realise they were getting tickets directly from the promoters. :smt013

I had two Rammstein tickets I couldn't use a while back and put them on an exchange site, I only wanted my money back and undercut everyone by over £30 a ticket.
I then received an email asking if I really only wanted to sell them for that much! So the market was being manipulated even then. :evil:

I hope that MP can get her Bill through Parliament.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Laughed when they had the soundbites of people saying "I had to pay £xxx for the ticket" :smt005 :smt005

Thank Fcuk that I don't want to go to venues/see acts where this happens.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adriana »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Laughed when they had the soundbites of people saying "I had to pay £xxx for the ticket" :smt005 :smt005

Thank Fcuk that I don't want to go to venues/see acts where this happens.
That's as may be, but the Roundhouse isn't stadium scale, but was the most prestigious date of the tour, in London were these secondary agents have their offices. From a personal perspective, I have been used to seeing the band in London for many years and never before have I struggled to get a ticket. This time I was, along with many others, caught on the hop for the first time! The Stranglers can for sure sell out London dates and have been doing so for many years, but not that far in advance of the gig... this also was not a trend reflected across the rest of the venues booked for the tour.

The Stranglers sell out The Roundhouse, OK, but to fans or the next generation of touts... on-line touts....? and if the promoters are in cahouts with this stranglehold on the ticket sales market then the law is the only recourse.

It's the draw of the big bucks tours, such as Coldplay and Take That, that highlighted the money making potential of this scam. Now that that potential is known and proven any corporate venue gig will be affected for sure. There is no room for complacency here, because at this rate any gig bigger than a pub gig will suffer from this nonsense!

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Maybe all live music fans should go on strike.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adriana »

PaulinLondon wrote:Maybe all live music fans should go on strike.
Yeah maybe, but seriously, it's a bitter pill to swallow when you hear the music business bemoan their lot about how the unscrupulous public are robbing their artists of royalties through illegal downloads when they are also deeply involved in shafting fans by there own actions.

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

adriana wrote:Yeah maybe, but seriously, it's a bitter pill to swallow when you hear the music business bemoan their lot about how the unscrupulous public are robbing their artists of royalties through illegal downloads when they are also deeply involved in shafting fans by there own actions.
And that's why they can't get rid of the 'pirates', arrrrrrr!!!

I balk at the fees attached to tickets, so would never ever dream of paying more than Face price for a ticket.