motorhead

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

scouserat
Rats Rally

motorhead

Post by scouserat »

Just getting my tickets for Motorhead anyone else going to see them on this forum never seen them before so am i in for a treat or what?
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: motorhead

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

scouserat wrote:Just getting my tickets for Motorhead anyone else going to see them on this forum never seen them before so am i in for a treat or what?
Personally i think that they are shite live - just one big horrible distorted noise.
However, you will be treated to two superb support bands i.e UK SUBS and ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE.

Hope that helps.
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:
scouserat wrote:Just getting my tickets for Motorhead anyone else going to see them on this forum never seen them before so am i in for a treat or what?
Personally i think that they are shite live - just one big horrible distorted noise.
However, you will be treated to two superb support bands i.e UK SUBS and ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE.

Hope that helps.
2 of the reasons i'm going to be honest with you :wink:
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:

Hope that helps.
Depends on what venue you go to. They reverberate terribly in small venues but I've seen great gigs in larger auditoriums.
I have to agree that the supports are great though. Happy Birthday Charlie Harper (67 today). :smile:
ManInBrown
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I loved Motorhead back in the late 70's and early 80's, and then I saw them in 1984 and it was so loud you couldn't actually hear anything.........just a wall of white noise which ruined it and put me off for 30 years. They played at the Bol d'or bike race in the south of France in 1988 (the year after The Stranglers) and I didn't even bother walking a few hundred yards to go and see the gig.....and it was free!

Being conscious of the fact that Lemmy is not going to be around forever I gave it another go a few years ago and it was much better this time round, still loud but you could at least make out the tunes. I have been again several times and have enjoyed it very much, but the best time was at Guilfest where I was right at the front, dead centre, and because it was outside, the sound was superb and despite the rain it was a brilliant gig.

I shall be going again this time no doubt.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I've seen Motorhead a few times, once when I was 13, and it was just before X-Mas, I couldn't hear fuck all for days, didn't particularly enjoy that feeling at the time if I am honest, but then you get a bit older and just resign your self to the fact that's Motorhead for you. I saw them around 6 years ago and the audience where making me more deaf than the band were , which was exactly what they were encouraging, that kind of did my head or rather my ears in. Motorhead are a great band at times, but you got to be in the mood for really fucking your ears up otherwise it's a waste of time going, though consuming vast amounts of alcohol and other things is perhaps a good idea, just get so out of it that the noise doesn't really notice, or you could just wear ear plugs I suppose if you are that way inclined ;-)
sparta7
Rats Rally

Post by sparta7 »

TWO SUNSPOTS wrote:

Hope that helps.
The Anti Nowhere League are the biggest, most talentless fucking posers ever. Duran Duran with a shit wardrobe. The UK Subs on the other hand are ace,

And Motorhead ARE rock n roll. Get along there and let your ears bleed. I'll be there.
"Do you mind dear boy I just cant stand all this tension, could I squeeze in front of you so I can cash me pension, oooooh ooooh yippee ay oooohhhh"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

sparta7 wrote:The Anti Nowhere League are the biggest, most talentless fucking posers ever. Duran Duran with a shit wardrobe. The UK Subs on the other hand are ace,

And Motorhead ARE rock n roll. Get along there and let your ears bleed. I'll be there.

To be fair I think ANL are a bit of a joke and were never really taking there to be taken all that seriously, least of all by them selves I would have said.