Maninwhite

Funny Stuff

Post by Alias »

Been getting into Stewart Lee again lately, just finished his stand-up book and
digging out the DVDs. And I watched Robert Newman's From Caliban To
Taliban today, and will watch his History Of Oil again soon. More informative
than piss-yer-pants funny, but insightful stuff. And his Rotten, and Strummer,
impersonations are spot on. :grin:
And just got an email from Play: American: The Bill Hicks Story DVD is in the post 8)

What's tickling you?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Funny Stuff

Post by Alias »

Alias wrote:... And his Rotten is spot on....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bupST85K ... re=related

2.40 - 3.20
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Is this your very own Tour De France thread Alias? :grin:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I think I saw that history of oil at mates on DVD a while ago.

Tony Hancock though, works every time for me, was watching some episodes recently and playing a vinyl I have (would like to get hold of more of the audio stuff), and also been playing bits of the Life of Brian soundtrack and Monty Python live at Drury Lane in recent times.

Am not saying Rusell Howard is the stuff of comedy genius or anything, but I think he nailed it with his sketch on the English Defence League, they didn't like it (fine with me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfQiXLOON0
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

mantheylovetohate wrote:Is this your very own Tour De France thread Alias? :grin:
:smt045 which ain't no bad thing.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

mantheylovetohate wrote:Is this your very own Tour De France thread Alias? :grin:

Give it a fucken chance, Doubting Thomas, it could be another Word Assoc.Football....

:shock:

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Alias wrote:

Give it a fucken chance, Doubting Thomas, it could be another Word Assoc.Football....

:shock:
Oh good god, kill it now then before it gets out of hand!

In for a penny in for a pound however.........I went to see the comedy stage production of The 39 Steps at the Criterion theatre (down in that London) last night and it was marvelous, 136 different characters played by 4 actors, and hugely entertaining. Anybody looking to take in a west end show should give it a go. Highly recommended.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Stewert Lee is amusing - I like the underlying anger dying to get out.

Saw his ex-partner in crime, Richard Herring on his "Christ on a Bike" tour a couple of months back and he was surprisingly good as well.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

theraven1979 wrote:Stewert Lee is amusing - I like the underlying anger dying to get out.

Jim
Top show tonight, he came over all Cornwell at the end too :lol:

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

What about comedies and comedians that just aren't funny/not good at all, there must be fucken loads, but the two that stand out for me are Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of crisps (the song was OK mind you) and that Gavin and Stacey, not least James Corden, any more???
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Jake wrote:What about comedies and comedians that just aren't funny/not good at all, there must be fucken loads, but the two that stand out for me are Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of crisps (the song was OK mind you) and that Gavin and Stacey, not least James Corden, any more???
Have to agree with you there, fuck all funny about Gavin and Stacey, and that fat cunt Corden is about as funny as a dose of the clap. I mean what's "comedy" about getting your fat gut out?
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com