Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: william and kate

Post by Alias »

Or Reader's Wifes?
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
fuzzguitars
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by fuzzguitars »

Catherines mother is a bit hot, milf anyone?
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

paul b wrote:surprising how many right wing tory royal loving bastards live on this forum :grin:
and i thought punk rock was about free thinking and alternative lifestyles :lol:
Yeah sad that some people seem to form all their views and prejudices from what they have read in the Daily Mail and seen on the History Channel, not much you can say to that really. Except yeah I thought punk and even the stranglers (who could be regarded as quite right wing at times) encouraged free thought and not uniformity, but there you go. A lot of people seem to think they know it all because history is written by the winning side and the press is full of half truths at best and outright lies and right wing propaganda at worst. These are the representatives of power, a lot of history and political debate is ignored and not debated for the simple reasons of wealth and power.

I’d always challenge people to read up on a more objective account of history and politics instead of being so entrenched in their views. I certainly always try and read as widely as possible, when it comes to historical learning I tend to avoid the TV documentaries and read books from as varied sources as possible, it’s the only way you’ll ever learn something of value. I mean I’m not so much saying it in terms of this site as I couldn’t possibly know that, but I do know people in the flesh who think they know all they need to know from one documentary or news report and that’s formed the view they take. There are a lot of very blinkered people out there, I don’t know why I am surprised any more to be honest, but it does make me feel very fucking depressed actually if I am honest.

I am not out to offend anyone or cause controversy, Paul B started this debate coz he doesn't agree with the Royals and I happen to agree with his stance. What I think this thread reveals is that most people who have posted are very mainstream in their views and more interested in punk rock as commodity rather than taking a stance against the doctrines of an insidious corrupt society we are ruled by, that's my take on it mate. We are a minority here, like the society we live in, but then again people are ruled by fear and think as long as they go along with it they will be alright. As a certain person once said; "when it comes to your turn, there’ll be nobody left to defend you because the police paramilitary operation will have succeeded", somehow seems appropriate.....
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by paul b »

well the person sat on a cancer ward not being given drugs because they are too expensive at least had something to watch yesterday.
think about it folks.
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:
I agree with your first two paragraphs, but then you start to talk bollocks. I know my own views and there you go ranting on about punk rock as a commodity - I never liked much punk rock. I liked music that I liked. Whether it is punk, ska, nwobhm, new romantics or whatever. Punk was never that great, but it had it's moments.

Spitting was fantastic wasn't it. Yeah, great anthem to remember punks by!!! You must be so proud of yourselves. So, why aren't you doing it any more??

Swearing - Wow you punks really had all bases covered. The Sex Pistols on TV, really showed up how intelligent they were . Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

As for people being ruled by fear, I think you'll find that comes under religion and the banner of "If you don't go to Church, you will burn in hell" Just to get the bastards in, plus we have more freedom of expression, but some people are just to fecking lazy to use it. See petrol prices and blockades!!!

Fair enough Ecky you do have a point, I was not old enough to be into punk the first time round and I agree totally about spitting, but then again that was one part of punk that really did seem to die out by the 1980's surely? I also agree about having broad music tastes, trust me there is a lot of music I like that most punks I know are very narrow minded about. Some people see a lot of idealism in punk rock, it depends on how you take it, I think the politics of punk are important, but they are admittedly divided as you have a more right wing side to punk. Crass were one of the first punk bands I started to really get into it (and that wasn't at the time either), that could say a lot. I think their music was shit but agreed with quite a lot of what they said at the time and still do.

We have Freedom of Expression to a point yes, but not to a point where it might be effective, if you ask me. You recall the petrol blockades but they were hardly revolutionaries and in fact most of them were tied with the countryside alliance as I recall, and they are the biggest Tories out there. You have identified that there is a problem of being too lazy to use ones right of free speech/expression which erodes it in the first place and it's not all down to the Tories, New Labour were a fucking disgrace in that respect . Just to say finally I don't think we have unlimited free speech and expression, even here it's like a case of you are free to speak as long as the majority agree. The fact no one was allowed to stage a protest at the royal wedding isn't very democratic, not least as people were raided on suspicion they might protest not any actual evidence they had anything planned, in a truly democratic country crowds who were not into the royal family should have been allowed a platform to protest and they weren’t. So yeah 'free speech for the dumb' as the song goes
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by paul b »

and well said Jake.
and perhaps some of the ' i'm alright jack' people on here should think about what they can give to society and what difference they can make instead of worrying whats for their fucking tea.
As the mighty philosopher Doctor Spock once said - ' the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one '
:grin: :grin: :grin:
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

paul b wrote:and well said Jake.
and perhaps some of the ' i'm alright jack' people on here should think about what they can give to society and what difference they can make instead of worrying whats for their fucking tea.
As the mighty philosopher Doctor Spock once said - ' the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one '

Cheers Paul, I am glad there's at least a few of us whose brain isn't supplied by the Daily Mail and Sky :lol:
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Well as a point of interest, after our local party in the park yesterday, from donations and following expenses for hire of a PA, marquee, comemorative mugs for all the children etc., there was a few hundred quid left for the air ambulance.
So everyone had a nice time, the children had something to remember, the elderly were entertained and cared for and we did a little bit for society which I think is probably better than being grumpy and moaning about how awful the country is and how much better it would be if we all lived in 1960's east Germany Comrade.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

ravenlunatic wrote:

Well as a point of interest, after our local party in the park yesterday, from donations and following expenses for hire of a PA, marquee, comemorative mugs for all the children etc., there was a few hundred quid left for the air ambulance.
So everyone had a nice time, the children had something to remember, the elderly were entertained and cared for and we did a little bit for society which I think is probably better than being grumpy and moaning about how awful the country is and how much better it would be if we all lived in 1960's east Germany Comrade.

Well said
Claireinblack
kent
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

EDIT: you know what fuck it some people just want you to rise to the bait to think they've got one over on you. If someone raised some money for a health related charity then well done, but it's a shame they can't be a bit more charitable to the vulnerable in society as a whole and their attitude generally and in an everyday sense is far from caring and charitable:smt006
Last edited by Jake on 30 Apr 2011, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Jake wrote:Hang on a minute whose saying anything of the sort??? East Germany pffft, get in this fucking century please!!! OK fair enough to raise a bit of money for a charity well done good on you, just hope it doesn't stop there, but I doubt it seeing as some of ravenlunatic's views towards the ill and vulnerable are down-right uncharitable and offensive :!:
Ill and vulnerable? What ill and vulnerable? I was suggesting we shoot all the scrounging druggies, drunkards, great big fat bastards, and the simply annoying vegetarians, socilialists and ecomentalists, I didn't say anything about ill and vulnerable...........I didn't even mention people who like grapefruit or who wear they're trousers at half mast, or even beating Dale Winton to death with an iron bar because he's a strange shade of orange.
Can't see what the fuss is about :smt102 Quite libertarian I thought.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

It's just a sweeping generalisation from someone who doesn't sound like they have much of a clue about the realities of drug addiction and that's an invalid post now as I edited it. But yeah you sound like you know fuck all about people with drug problems, I think they need some fucking help not being fired at from all angles, what's the problem there? You're the one who sound's like a fascist if you think vegetarians should be shot, should I go on????? I am a vegetarian but some of my best friends eat meat, go figure, I don't say meat eaters should be shot do I?????

Instead of turning this into a tirade of abuse let's just say we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things that's how it is and I edited my post so as not get into some slanging match but you chose to post despite there being an addittion you have that option, with all do you respect I can't be bothered to argue with you, that's not what I am here for, thanks very much, what is it the stranglers said 'Life's too Short'. Agree to disagree, please don't turn this into an opportunity for a slanging match yeah :?: