AV anyone?????

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Re: AV anyone?????

Post by Gene Regulation »

Jake wrote:
Gene Regulation wrote:Exactly how would the English get on without the revenue from the Oil?
Or somewhere to dump all nuclear waste and base Trident, and I ain't even Scottish (saying that granny was Scottish) :o
We'll need them to keep the clamerous English at bay when we gain independance. :wink:
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

All I know about it is that the BNP oppose it, don't understand why they're not offering PR or why indeed they are offering us a vote on a system that could put them out of business.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Gene Regulation wrote:
MULLY wrote:
Gene Regulation wrote:The SNP have operated quite happily, over the last 4 years, as a MINORITY ruling group at Holyrood.

Under them Council Tax has been frozen, prescription charges abolished, more cops recruited, primary school class sizes down, blah de blah.

I think the only things they've not got through are the Independance referendum, Local Income Tax & alcohol price fixing. Every time the Unionist parties ganged up to thwart them, then try to present certain ideas as their own at Westminster!.
But isn't dear ole Jockoland in the same position as Ulster - in that we are both funded by Westminster grants? How easy would it be to 'independently' sanction those ideas without the financial clout?
Exactly how would the English get on without the revenue from the Oil?
Having googled the figures (cos I didn't know) - a darned sight better than Scotland would without the annual block grant.

Not quite as much as ourselves - but employment too heavily based on the public sector and an independent state could not afford to run without increased taxes.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

2005 election con gets 35.5% of the vote in England and Wales,Lab get 35% but 92 more seats go figure that one.
Lib Dems get 22% of the vote but 10% of the seats FPTP is ok for a two horse race but it looks like the Tory paid for No vote campaign has convinced the UK to vote no.
Excellent the majority have fallen for it.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:i am saying no to av. fucking fiasco and waste of our valuable time and effort.
I know what you mean, it knackers me out writing an extra two numbers on a piece of paper... I'm sweating just thinking about it... :P
I hope you don't do the lottery.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

My first preference is YES, my second preference is NO.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

No fecking idea at the moment - Was a firm "No" until I did some reading on it - now I'm not sure - Maybe there should be a "Dunno" option.

JIm
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

While not ideal, the current system would appear to be rather better than this proposed nonsense which is surely the creation of a chap who has slipped regretably over the narrow division between brilliance and insanity. Utterly absurd gobeldygook of the highest order.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

2nd, 3rd & 4th votes will only be effective for those voting for minority parties.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

All of the people telling me the AV system is 'too difficult' for me to understand tend to be people I don't like.

It's extremely simple and I've never seen so much fuss over a simple 'yes' or 'no' question.

Whichever way you vote.....just bother to vote.
ManInBrown
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Rockula wrote:All of the people telling me the AV system is 'too difficult' for me to understand tend to be people I don't like.

It's extremely simple and I've never seen so much fuss over a simple 'yes' or 'no' question.

Whichever way you vote.....just bother to vote.
:smt023
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Yes, it's not rocket science. If you want to have one vote for one person, you still can! No obligation to list all the candidates in order of preference. . . vote for one, or vote for all...
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five