support japan

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: support japan

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:just seen maiden selling t shirts to support japan. how bout the Stranglers doing that? all money going to japan red cross to show our support
I take it it was Iron Maiden? Why not just give our money, including the cost of the T, to one of the recognised charities?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Its not abad idea, there is some concert coming up at Brixton Academy, awful bands playing, must admit I am surprised to have seen no response from the stranglers, what with their popularity in Japan and JJ's obvious karate connection.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I know they are going through hell in some parts right now, but as an enormously wealthy industrialised nation does Japan actually need our money?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

ravenlunatic wrote:I know they are going through hell in some parts right now, but as an enormously wealthy industrialised nation does Japan actually need our money?
Or our help seemingly?
I would have thought in extenuating circumstances, visas & permits for registered emergency teams/charities would be waived????
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

ravenlunatic wrote:I know they are going through hell in some parts right now, but as an enormously wealthy industrialised nation does Japan actually need our money?

I'd say they do when parts of the country have severe food shortages, and by the sound of it a lot more probelms to come from radioactive contamination of water and food supplies and we won't ever know the half of that. Plus they have needed rescue workers to come in from all over the world, that doesn't happen for free. I mean what would be your response if there was natural disaster, coupled with a nuclear disaster on this little rock, should Japan not show a gesture of solidarity in giving aid to Britain if the tables were turned :?: ?