Andy Gray and Richard keys

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Andy Gray and Richard keys

Post by pigeon »

So do you think what they said of air was offensive? Its an opinion by people and it would of probally been said in pubs up and down the country that night in probally more offensive terms. Just like when someone posts a view that people don't agree with on Facebook people go up in arms about it, its an opinion as just because Andy gray and Richard keys work in a responsible position it doesnt mean they cant have their views either. Is it a case of think before you speak? What do you think? I think it was said off air just like if you take the piss out of your manager on your work break with your colleague and was overheard could they ban you for the next day? No, so therefore is what not for public consumption?
Notabadbandatall

Re: Andy Gray and Richard keys

Post by Notabadbandatall »

They are just so out of date and after all what has Andy Gray ever done for football - Nowt.

It's time to get some pros into SKY and stop using shit old has beens.

I don't give a fuck about the linesman - If they're doing their job correctly, then who gives a fuck - You can call a linesman a wanker all day long, but you never hear them say a man linesman can't do that job, they said a woman linesman!!!

If they'd said the linesman or (linesperson if they wanted to be PC) was shit, then who cares, but it was the fact that they pointed out it was a woman, when they would never point it out if it was a man.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Football is a girl's game, ain't it ?
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I guess so in their position it is think before you speak at all times. But i fail to see what was so offensive about it.

I would say its 50/50 because i myself sometimes get told by the parents and sister to live in 2011 but i look at the day today and i don't really want to be apart of todays soft values in life.

As it was said offair anyway, people can say what they want if they agree with eachother.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It does make me laugh on Sky all these dolly birds presenting football shows. Are they all really into football? I doubt it very much. Bring back Ron Atkinson that's what I say! :smile:
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Pidge, those two fellas are supposedly professional, astute, ohjective and respectful, and unprejudiced. Sky is evil obviously but those two are theoretically at the 'top' of their profession. They fooked it all up in one fell swoop, admittedly in a private conversation. Fook em. It wasn't the fact that they clearly don't think women can do the job, it's the disdain they clearly hold for women in general. Silly antiquated bastards.

Just to add that I don't think women should referee men's matches, but this was a woman running the line anyway and she did a good job.

BEST part of it all is that the lineswoman got an 'offside' bang on for Liverpool's first goal - it WASN'T offside but most people watching, including commentators, thought it was at first :lol:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think we're missing the point here. Did she know the offside rule or not? :lol: :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:I think we're missing the point here. Did she know the offside rule or not? :lol: :lol:

Jim
The answer is in the last line of my previous post.

i've played in matches refereed by women and it is not a good thing to be a part of. Obviously not a professional game - refs do get paid though - but men should referee men's matches and women should be allowed to referee women's matches.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What? Women should stick to doing the ironing, cooking and cleaning?! I can't believe you said that Bob - shocking. :shock:

Jim :lol: :lol:
Bobinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I think we're missing the point here. Did she know the offside rule or not? :lol: :lol:

Jim

i've played in matches refereed by women and it is not a good thing to be a part of. Obviously not a professional game - refs do get paid though - but men should referee men's matches and women should be allowed to referee women's matches.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

I think it was an utter disgrace what Andy Grey and his co presenter said i mean why wouldn't a woman be able to do the linesman job as good as any man there are lots and lots of things my wife can do better than i ever could like ,ironing,washing the dishes,cooking ,hanging out the washing (and in the rain as well!) painting the garden fence ,picking me up from the pub,taking me the pub and she's even better than me at switching the tele over when the remote control is bust :!: I,d give them two a piece of my mind if i ever bumped into them, male chauvinist pigs.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:What? Women should stick to doing the ironing, cooking and cleaning?! I can't believe you said that Bob - shocking. :shock:

Jim :lol: :lol:
Bobinblack wrote:

Jim

you after a job 'reporting' for one of Murdoch's rags Jim? :grin:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Use TV technology, that's what I say.