Is Facefuck the death of this forum?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Blackbeered
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Is Facefuck the death of this forum?

Post by Blackbeered »

ThruBeingCool wrote:This FORUM is the place to support :!: imho. I can't be arsed to track down pix on each individual fans FB page. Get behind this forum says I..and post your fan pix here!
You've made me feel all guilty and that, so check out the "Oxford A Review" thread for more pics of the evening.......sorry there weren't more "fan" pictures - 1. There weren't that many forumsters there, and 2. My camera battery ran out half way through videoing Relentless.

I will do better next time...promise :oops: :lol:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Alias wrote:Aye, secunded, it's a community that spring from the Stranglers first, and probably
this forum second; all the piss ups, and sleep overs and handbags and hangovers,
-who doesn't want to see the latest pics of Fat Bus' tits?

:lol:
Ermm.....Excuse me can we just leave my tits out of this :oops: :oops:
yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

theraven1979 wrote:What a bizarre comment.

Jim

Dunno Jimbo......

It's a hard one to answer. I certainly hope not.
yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

I have a theory. But I'm going to post it on facebook first because it's easier.

2 reasons. Search facility is next to feckin useless, compared to how it used to be, (resulting in all of us, new and old, running the risk of...... 'viewtopic,viewtopic' etc.)

And secondly, I refer you to bullet point 1.

(And we need a sidebar! Or is that just me? And don't just say, "You have at least 4 different themes to choose from.........!" Some of us like the old blue and grey!)

I love this place with a passion James. As does every Stranglers fan. But maybe with Facebook, we not only have the chance to discuss Stranglers issues, but also other topics,(and I know we have General Other Stuff but I can discuss Jodie Foster with thousands of people on Facebook as opposed to a handful of like minded souls on here..... :smt007 ). School reminisces, (Hello Luvver, remember me????), Work derring-do (past and recent), Pissed up shenanigans, (Stranglers related and non), casual lliasons???? recent bombshells! "Billy.......calm the feck down son!" :shock: i.e. Your one stop 'soshal notwerking site'.......With the increased membership of Facebook, I think we all knew BUT would take a bit of a kicking? Maybe we didn't realise how much? Maybe we're all of a certain age where we find discussing these things necessary to affirm our masculinity/feminity/Oh the humanity? :smt102

I don't know.

Maybe Apollo's talking bollocks? :smt102
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Alias wrote:
gizzard wrote:
Alias wrote:I just missed the pics that are usually posted here going up on Facebook instead.
It's much easier to put pics on FB than it is on here.

But a lot less easy for me to see them, being my point.
I must admit to using a photobucket account and linking there from here, I also put them up on FB as well, but thats just me filling up my home time.
Cambridge, Brighton & Brum will be up tomorrow after getting home today.

As has been said before, both sites have their place and I don't see them as rivals.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Fatbusjim wrote:
Alias wrote:Aye, secunded, it's a community that spring from the Stranglers first, and probably
this forum second; all the piss ups, and sleep overs and handbags and hangovers,
-who doesn't want to see the latest pics of Fat Bus' tits?

:lol:
Ermm.....Excuse me can we just leave my tits out of this :oops: :oops:
I will if you do too :wink: :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by APOLLO79 »

yellowcakeuf6 wrote:I have a theory. But I'm going to post it on facebook first because it's easier.

2 reasons. Search facility is next to feckin useless, compared to how it used to be, (resulting in all of us, new and old, running the risk of...... 'viewtopic,viewtopic' etc.)

And secondly, I refer you to bullet point 1.

(And we need a sidebar! Or is that just me? And don't just say, "You have at least 4 different themes to choose from.........!" Some of us like the old blue and grey!)

I love this place with a passion James. As does every Stranglers fan. But maybe with Facebook, we not only have the chance to discuss Stranglers issues, but also other topics,(and I know we have General Other Stuff but I can discuss Jodie Foster with thousands of people on Facebook as opposed to a handful of like minded souls on here..... :smt007 ). School reminisces, (Hello Luvver, remember me????), Work derring-do (past and recent), Pissed up shenanigans, (Stranglers related and non), casual lliasons???? recent bombshells! "Billy.......calm the feck down son!" :shock: i.e. Your one stop 'soshal notwerking site'.......With the increased membership of Facebook, I think we all knew BUT would take a bit of a kicking? Maybe we didn't realise how much? Maybe we're all of a certain age where we find discussing these things necessary to affirm our masculinity/feminity/Oh the humanity? :smt102

I don't know.

Maybe Apollo's talking bollocks? :smt102

And not for the first time either! :smt005
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Be on the two sites at once if you have windows 7. That way you won't miss anything at any time. You can also be loged into the forums and FB at all times now on your mobile phone device. I am so therefore i can post shit even when i'm at work pushing trolleys around and posting on the forums at the same time. Genious eh?

By the way i'm a bit taller today and i had Crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

pigeon wrote:By the way i'm a bit taller today and i had Crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast.
So Crunchy Nut Cornflakes make you taller?????
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
bongo
Down In The Sewer

Post by bongo »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
pigeon wrote:By the way i'm a bit taller today and i had Crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast.

No, but eating them in high heels does :wink:

Just me then !!!!! :roll:
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

bongo wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:

No, but eating them in high heels does :wink:

Just me then !!!!! :roll:
No 'and' not 'because'.
euromanc-ometh
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

For a while I thought that FACEBOOK had the advantage over THE FORUM but in light of recent threads such as "I Love QPR" and "Which Implement Do You Use To Eat A Pot Noodle?" ..well, I for one can see a FACEBOOK backlash and the return of some of you doubting Thomas's sheepishly coming home with your tails between your legs. Vive Le Forum!..or is it LA Forum..."Oui"! C'est Le Forum"
Last edited by ThruBeingCool on 25 Apr 2011, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.