Is Facefuck the death of this forum?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Is Facefuck the death of this forum?

Post by APOLLO79 »

Speaks for itself.Discuss..unless Bongo comes back to help with the Crap joke thread...SOS..
Jimbo,over to you... :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Is Facefuck the death of this forum?

Post by theraven1979 »

What a bizarre comment.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Dunno about Facefuck, Facebook or whatever it's called, never used it, it's for kids innit? but I guess many forums have become less populated due to some of those social network sites.
Also extreme moderation is also to blame for lack of traffic on forums and that includes here too, certain moderators actions (not Jim) have stopped people including meself from posting here as much, once censorship enters the equation people tend to leave forums in droves.
:?
Stay in your homes
Stay in your homes
Be off the streets by nightfall
Or get assaulted and robbed by Police thugs
Under the coronavirus lockdown rules
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

No it's not the death of this forum.
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Notabadbandatall

Post by Notabadbandatall »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Also extreme moderation is also to blame for lack of traffic on forums and that includes here too, certain moderators actions (not Jim) have stopped people including meself from posting here as much, once censorship enters the equation people tend to leave forums in droves.
:?
At the end of the day though it is Jim's site so he can do what he likes with it. If you're not happy with it then set up your own site - Simples :smt040
Notabadbandatall

Post by Notabadbandatall »

PS That is not a way to aggravate you, it is just a way to say, if you really are not happy with it - Change it!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I agree - I've offered to assist people setting up a forums like this somewhere else. The moderating is pretty chilled - There was a spate of moderating that went on a couple of months back but this was to remove some people just hell bent on winding people up. I quite like things as they are at the moment - no nasty slagging off going on and some very interesting posts happening. If someone wants to take the old noise and bitching to a forum then be my guest I certainly don't want it on here.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
paulwilko
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by paulwilko »

Nowt wrong with this forum IMHO, sure it can co exist with Facebook etc they are not mutually exclusive. :grin:
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I still haven't worked out how to fully use FB.....

or the forum :?

But it seems to me that FB can't offer you proper in-depth conversations that you can keep returning to, adding your share and developing ideas over time. And the forum's style means you can catch up on everything if you've been absent for a while. More leisurely somehow!

Each has it's place.
No one can win against kipple.
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

I'm sure we'll all see how "dead" this forum is come the March tour and the build up to it.

I personally can't wait for the discussion on here about who is going to what gig and meeting at which Boozer :twisted: . There's nothing like a Stranglers tour for fan gatherings and piss ups :lol:

Then post gig, there are all the photos and comments, some good - some not :oops: :oops: , that get posted on here to look forward to.

Once Christmas is out of the way, and the tour is just round the corner, I'm sure there'll be a massive ramp up in traffic on the BUT forums :wink: :wink:

Let's Fookin 'Ave it!!!
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Fatbusjim wrote:I'm sure we'll all see how "dead" this forum is come the March tour and the build up to it.
Very good point- it's always quiet on here when there aint something happening gig/recording-wise.
Unless, of cource, folk make the effort and post summit a bit more interesting than feckin footie team performances. :evil:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

Fatbusjim wrote:I'm sure we'll all see how "dead" this forum is come the March tour and the build up to it.

I personally can't wait for the discussion on here about who is going to what gig and meeting at which Boozer :twisted: . There's nothing like a Stranglers tour for fan gatherings and piss ups :lol:

Then post gig, there are all the photos and comments, some good - some not :oops: :oops: , that get posted on here to look forward to.

Once Christmas is out of the way, and the tour is just round the corner, I'm sure there'll be a massive ramp up in traffic on the BUT forums :wink: :wink:

Let's Fookin 'Ave it!!!
:smt023

Well said Dave!
This can't be undone