Let's all laugh at Bono!

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Let's all laugh at Bono!

Post by Bag Lady »

The one armed drummer from Def Leppard comes to mind...

Personnally if I'd been the surgeon I'd have told Bono the only way for his back to get better would be for him to give up singing :evil:
No one can win against kipple.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Bag Lady wrote:The one armed drummer from Def Leppard comes to mind...

Personnally if I'd been the surgeon I'd have told Bono the only way for his back to get better would be for him to give up singing :evil:

He he......

Gotta love that one Gill..

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Bag Lady wrote:The one armed drummer from Def Leppard comes to mind...

now you see, that is funny :lol:

to be fair re Def Leppard, I doubt that the drummer was back behind the pans within a couple of weeks of losing his arm :P

U2 should get someone in who can sing, allegedly as temp cover for Bono. And Bongo for that matter :D
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Gorillaz to replace U2 at Glastonbury.

Is that funny? Does Bono CARE?
No one can win against kipple.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Does that mean Paul Simonon and Mick Jones headlining?

Jim

Bag Lady wrote:Gorillaz to replace U2 at Glastonbury.

Is that funny? Does Bono CARE?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Err ....... Whats he done
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

theraven1979 wrote:Thing is, anyone else would go onstage in a wheelchair or something - he can still sing.

Jim
too true jim. souixsie souix managed to do gigs when she dislocated her patella!! might have to give him a new nickname 'sick note' comes to mind!
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I am reminded of that documentry by Jeremy Clarkson about the WW2 Commando raid on the dry dock gates at St. Nazaire. It featured among others a now very elderly veteran of the raid who was recounting his memory of the moment that the explosive laden HMS Cambletown crashed through the dry dock gates and all hell broke loose from the hugely numericaly superior German defenders:

"There was a huge crash and we received the signal to go, as we got out on deck the first thing we saw was poor old Johnny Proctor with his leg off...........cheering us on" :shock:

I bet johnny Proctor would've managed to knock out a few tunes, with a bit of a dicky back. Stiff upper lip and all that. :?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

God bless them good careing folks in the world of entertainment..
APOLLO79 wrote:
mickinblack wrote:Poor Bono
Who wants to start a whip round for his hospital bills.
Im sure he must be short of a few bob after all that money he donates to the third world.
Oh shit i forgot silly me he dont give his money how silly of me.He expects everyone else to give dont he....
Yes..and I'm sure he pays his tax in Holland due to "artists"paying a lower rate.God bless 'GOD' :smt005
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Quoted as being "Heartbroken" at the cancellations/postponements...I forget the finer details. Coincidentally I read this on the BBC News website in work today having driven in to the sound my own choice of Lloyd Cole's "Are you ready to be heartbroken?"..ho.hum....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Bobinblack wrote:What's all the bitterness towards Bono for? I can take him or leave him, U2 have done some great stuff. Bono's had a bad injury, I wouldn't wish that sort of injury on anyone, honest. Not even Maggie Thatcher :P
Hey leave Maggie Thatcher out of this...there's nothing wrong with her...well nothing an atom bomb wouldn't cure :?
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

With Hugh in the slammer, the Strangs put on a show with assorted musical 'friends.' Can't anyone offer a proper substitute?

An ailing cow would be an improvement.

A few years back, Aussie legends the Church were preparing to do a show when lead emoter/songwriter Steve Kilbey was nicked by an undercover cop, as he stupidly attempted to score heroin outside the NYC venue. Faced with depriving the audience a show, the other three simply carried on without him.

Can't other U2 members carry a tune? Again, an ailing cow...