Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: The new Doctor Who

Post by mickinblack »

Iliked tonights episode too.
Starting to get use to this new maybe he aint too bad.
He seems to be getting more of a grasp to his role.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I dunno Mick there's still something that just don't add up for me with Matt Smith, but I did find the story quite enjoyable, perhaps because it was pretty diferent, next week looks very imaginative from the trailer as well! :grin:
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Im really starting to like this new Doctor,or maybe its just the stories.
Burt all in all its getting good in fact very good.
Ok we had them daft spitfires back in space lsat weel but thank god it only lasted 2 seconds.
So there i was with my bar of choclate with the surround sound on waiting for Dr who to start.
When i looked at the TV guide i found out it wasnt on, what i thought so over to the net i went and low and behold the second part of series 6 will not be shown until the Autumn, drat.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Got to say I've been disappointed by the Matt Smith/Peter Moffat era in general, I think the whole River Song concept is wank I'm afraid. This last two series have been continuity obsessed, John Nathan turner, producer throughout the 1980's was heavily criticised for his continuity obsession, but at least he stuck to the best elements of established Who continuity, Moffat is rewriting the past, and I'm not into it. Conversely I have been watching Jon Pertwee's first season, and am on Ambassadors of Death, the two are worlds apart in terms of quality. Although I wasn't old enough to remember the Pertwee era, the differences are striking, for a start Pertwee's Doctor instantly hit the spot, Matt Smith will never be as good as Jon Pertwee, and pretty much all the others in my view. I can't understand the popularity of Matt Smith at all and I don't understand a lot of the nonsense the stories have been. It's quite sad that I've been looking more forward to watching old Pertwee episodes again than I was getting in the last two series, I even had the buzz of waiting for a new episode of Doctor Who with Ecclestone and Tennant, but the last two series leave me cold and unimpressed for the most part I'm afraid :cry:
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

i agree with jake. This latest fare is rubbish. the series got back on track with Eccleston, and, surprise, surprise, when the best writer left, Russell T Davies, it has gone downhill... although to be fair to Moffat, Blink was an alltime classic*, but clearly he can't lead the team in the way Davies did. We have this series mainly backed up on Sky + and the kids, and the adults, in our house simply don't give a fuck that we can watch them, it's that poor... The Smith incarnation has a lot to do with that as well I think. the Doctor has always been a bit mental, mainly because he knows so much in comparison to the puny humans, but this latest geezer does not convince one iota... sorry. :(

* imagine Blink with matt smith.. no way. Tennant all the way, great actor.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Turned into a load of rubbish wank even the kids don't like anymore.
So, fairly typical Dr.Who then.
Bring back Slyvester McCoy.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Torchwood last night, much better than any Doctor Who since Matt Smith took over, well for me at any rate.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

yes Torchwood was great last night looks like its gona be a great series.
Its only a spin off from Dr who, Dr Who as last the pace,Even as much as i like torchwood i willing to bet The Dr be stilling going when torchwood as been for got.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I do prefer Primeval these days ( though thats getting worse last series - too many cast changes etc ) . I haven't been convinced by Matt Smith's manic "acting " since he became Dr , the stories seem rushed or make little/no sense .
All quiet ..........
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I do prefer Primeval these days ( though thats getting worse last series - too many cast changes etc ) . I haven't been convinced by Matt Smith's manic "acting " since he became Dr , the stories seem rushed or make little/no sense .
That's a fair enough description Jon, quite balanced actually, I'd go a bit further and say I don't think Matt Smith can act or has any charisma but there ya go. Must admit have not watched Primeval, I've known one or two who rate it, just never got round to it.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Jake wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:I do prefer Primeval these days ( though thats getting worse last series - too many cast changes etc ) . I haven't been convinced by Matt Smith's manic "acting " since he became Dr , the stories seem rushed or make little/no sense .
That's a fair enough description Jon, quite balanced actually, I'd go a bit further and say I don't think Matt Smith can act or has any charisma but there ya go. Must admit have not watched Primeval, I've known one or two who rate it, just never got round to it.
I like Primeval as it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously , whereas Dr Who recently seems to be disappearing up its own arsehole (IMO) . Haven't watched Torchwood for years but people who have say its better than Dr Who . Just can't quite pinpoint what it is with Dr Who - other than Matt Smith chronic overacting ( use the term acting very loosely ) .... but it just doesn't have it . I thought the change of Dalek design was pointless .... new supposed super invincible Daleks , were still beaten though . I watch the programme , but if I do happen to miss it , I'm usually not too bothered . I thikn youu have the extreme of either being overcomplicated , or just down right stupid stories .
All quiet ..........
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
Jake wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:new supposed super invincible Daleks , were still beaten though . .
no they weren't actually :P

I seem to be in the minority here but I'm loving Matt Smith's stuff a whole lot more than Tennant's, especially the Moffatt episodes. I love all the timey-wimey bollocks and twists and turns. The pirate one was dross because it was so normal and it bored me rigid.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"