The new Doctor Who

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The new Doctor Who

Post by unbroken69 »

droopsnoot wrote:Would be good if they could think up some new monsters, instead of just the same ones again. How many times will he vanquish the Daleks, only for one ship to somehow survive and come back in the next series.
The Daleks are as much a part of Dr. Who as the Tardis, they always survive. The Weeping Angels are a Steven Moffat creation and are set to become a great part of the Dr. Who folklore in the same fashion as the Daleks and Cybermen.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Blonde
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Blonde »

I liked it, but thought that the Warrior Bishop should have used the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch......

(Sorry, I think you have to be as old as I am to get that reference...)
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Blonde wrote:I liked it, but thought that the Warrior Bishop should have used the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch......

(Sorry, I think you have to be as old as I am to get that reference...)
Not at all Brother Maynard, good comedy is timeless.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

beebop wrote:Bring back Tom Baker and K9
Hope Tom Baker has faired better than the original K9
which was destroyed @ Longleat House in a fire that ripped through the Exhibition there.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

This weeks episode "Flesh and Stone", was very solid with some great moments. The exchanges between the Doctor and Father Octavian where excellent and quite emotional. The Weeping Angels creeping up on the Doctor and the clerics, where some of the best moments in recent Doctor Who. The final scene with a very horny Amy was hilarious and a good way to get the sexual tension between the characters out of the way.

Did think however that the story was resolved to easily and I have a theory behind that. Every episode apart from the series opener has lasted around the 42 minute mark, making them tighter and sometimes rushed. At times Matt Smith´s dialogue seems to be to pushed along to save time, although his performances to date have been a revelation.

There also appears to be many editing and continuity errors, which would suggest that the pressure on dead lines is causing Moffat and his team some problems. In every episode there has been some dodgy errors. This week when the Doctor touched Amy´s hands in the forset, he appeared to be wearing his tweed jacket, yet it was taken from him by a Weeping Angel only moments before. I do think they need to take a serious look at these continuing gaffs.

Overall though this series has been incredibly enjoyable to date and is rapidly building up to a series finale, which I think will see River Song return and her true identidy revealed.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I must say the last two parter surprised me, the first three episodes were for me some of the most dull moment's since the series come back and I found Smith irritating to say the least. This two parter was a return to form and Smith was actually pretty good at last, for all this talk of him being like Troughton, which I really don't see but he reminded me more of Tom Baker in the last episode. It looks set for good things now, let's enjoy it while it lasts (seeing as the BBC faces being destroyed if Cameron get's in)
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Come Friday.
Attachments
29844_118675874823965_117566908268195_189619_394093_n.jpg
29844_118675874823965_117566908268195_189619_394093_n.jpg (52.57 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

that's very accurate unbroken but wouldn't be great if history was made just once and an election wasn't dictated by Murdoch
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Jake wrote:that's very accurate unbroken but wouldn't be great if history was made just once and an election wasn't dictated by Murdoch

Check this link which fully illustrates the hypocrisy of the cunt Murdoch.

http://torrentfreak.com/fox-news-rupert ... es-100503/
BasiltheBrush
Rats Rally

Post by BasiltheBrush »

Last nights Who was the best so far...

Never thought I'd ever fancy a ginger scottish bird ...... but times they are a changin' !!!!!
I HATE YOU MORE THAN RADIOACTIVITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I give latest 5.5 / 10
Venice - great .
Story - not so great .

Bit of a wet fish :oops:
All quiet ..........
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Im not sure about this new Dr who....
Carnt make up my mind..He is a bit like Patrick Thoughton but not as good.
I think the first episode was good, And i think the assisant is stealing the show at the moment she better than Billie Piper..