The new Doctor Who

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: The new Doctor Who

Post by parasiteinblack »

mickinblack wrote:I belive thats there has been a black dalek a red dalek blue darlek white darlek for a long time.
Going back to Sylvester McCoy time as the Dr.
Yeah, there were two rival factions in the Colin Baker one as well, possibly even the Davison one but I can't really remember cos that one wasn't as good.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Mr-Tele
Rats Rally

Post by Mr-Tele »

I think the new daleks look ok actually! The only thing that looks a bit rubbish is the long back. bit where it sticks out. It just makes it look bad!

Also I think the series has been good so far but i agree that the 3rd one was the weakest so far and the 2nd being the best. :grin:
They’ve been cooking on Blue Peter
Now they’re sampling the dishes
“I don’t normally like tomatoes, John
But this is delicious”
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Blackbeered wrote:
paulinblack wrote:Am not expecting much next week either, as I didn't like the first Blink episode.
:shock:

Please :!:

That was one of THE finest Tennant episodes...........superb :!:
Have to eat humble pie a bit. Thought tonights was a pretty good one. Liked the fact that it is a 2 parter (or more). The storyline wasn't rushed. There were lots of rip offs of previous episodes, but thought it was good. The support actors seem to steal the show tonight. It seems that Smith's portrayal is very much of a 'bumbling idiot' with moments of utter brilliance. I do like the way that he drifts the character in and out as if he's worked by a dimmer switch - I guess thats not the most erudite description, but it'll have to do!
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

paulinblack wrote:
Blackbeered wrote:
paulinblack wrote:Am not expecting much next week either, as I didn't like the first Blink episode.

Have to eat humble pie a bit. Thought tonights was a pretty good one. Liked the fact that it is a 2 parter (or more). The storyline wasn't rushed. There were lots of rip offs of previous episodes, but thought it was good. The support actors seem to steal the show tonight. It seems that Smith's portrayal is very much of a 'bumbling idiot' with moments of utter brilliance. I do like the way that he drifts the character in and out as if he's worked by a dimmer switch - I guess thats not the most erudite description, but it'll have to do!
Scared the kids though :!:

The young one had to go to bed when the angel first appeared on the monitor.

My daughter watched the lot but I had to stay with her until she was asleep...........the weeping angels are surely some of the scariest enemies we've had in a long time :shock:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

paulinblack wrote:
Blackbeered wrote:

Excellent episode and as expected a bit darker from the other three.

I agree that the fact it is a two part story means they do not have to rush the pace along, which is one criticism I would have on the previous two episodes.
On a sad note I had to ask my brother in law to leave the house as he objected to my 5 year old watching something so "terrifying". I politely informed him that if I wanted my son to watch the bloody Exorcist (not that I would let him), it would be none of his business, and if he didn´t like it would he please leave and let me and the wee fella enjoy the programme.

Yes it was a little scary for the younger fans, but with the proper parental guidance it´s completely fine for them to watch. Just hope he doesn´t piss the bed.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Oh and it also had a small cameo from Mike Skinner of The Streets. Bloke at the start apparently hypnotised by a kiss from River Song.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Yea , last night was a much etter one . Change from the days when they had polystyrene caves - acting snd plot a lot better last night too . A bit more serious .
All quiet ..........
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Saw the first one, brilliant.
Missed the 2nd one but made sure I saw last nights Weeping Angel's one, again brilliant.
That bloke is an ugly fucker but he makes a great Dr.
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

The Weeping Angels episode's been a lot better.

Bring on the Sontarans & the Sea Devils. Scared the bejesus out of me when I was a kid.

Oh & as for the Daleks, it's got to be the Davros Daleks for aficionados.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Last night's, the 4th in the series, was ace all round. That's what I think anyway.

End of Despatches.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Mr-Tele
Rats Rally

Post by Mr-Tele »

The 4th one has been my favourite so far... i liked the run down angels! Very creepy :o
They’ve been cooking on Blue Peter
Now they’re sampling the dishes
“I don’t normally like tomatoes, John
But this is delicious”
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Would be good if they could think up some new monsters, instead of just the same ones again. How many times will he vanquish the Daleks, only for one ship to somehow survive and come back in the next series.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall