The new Doctor Who

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: The new Doctor Who

Post by Jake »

I had to look RTE up Mick, so Ireland's main broadcaster right? Well no I am not overly familuar with Irish TV so will have to take your word for it.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Well, I really enjoyed tonights Who, CGI dinosaurs have been crying out to be used in Doctor Who since they were invented! It was a good story as well, very good fun, yet something of a message to this one I thought, very good indeed!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Let's have a break from the worry about austerity, the rise of fascism and nuclear war and embrace the fact there is a new Doctor Who on tonight. Also announced today that David Tennant is going to be in the 50th anniversary special, I look fwd to that obviously if we're not all reduced to radioactive cinders by then. Ice warriors and Cybermen due in this season, I look forward to that also.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I'm a fan. I'll watch it.

But the rest of the evening I'll be reading a book.

What a crap bunch of TV. Do they think everyone's out at chocolate bunny parties or summat? :lol:
ManInBrown
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I'll record it I think, have to be somewhere later.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Post by Someone like you? »

mickinblack wrote:Hey Jake
you think the BBC have some truly awful celebrities do you?
God man you have to see some of our celebrities on RTE then you would have something to moan about :lol: :lol: :lol:
For all its faults the BBC is still one of the best media corporations out there, yes i know its far from perfect but there is so so much worse around the world and in the UK.

Im a big fan of the classic who and the new stuff all in all as been good apart from the spitfires in space and a few other silly things but all in all BBC do a great job with Dr Who.
Agreed ! I just returned to Uk after 5 years in Eire, (peoples republic of cork,to be precise). RTE,best described as "parochial" at best??
In RTE`s defence though, when I was there on the Craig Doyle show, they did pay for a dozen big oven baked pizzas, and I done me best in emptying the green room dry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHLtbgGlak

I`m front right. Oh! and @ 50-54 seconds reason why the "star guest" kerry cattatonic looks so monged is because,when craig introduces us, I being nearer to the silly old tart,looked over smiled saw a look of snobbish horror on her stupid mug, so I poked my tongue out at her for? 3 seconds before the camera turned to us, and we started Haha (If only the camera had shown her initial reaction-she nearly choked to death) Haha! :smt005
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Rockula wrote:I'm a fan. I'll watch it.

But the rest of the evening I'll be reading a book.

What a crap bunch of TV. Do they think everyone's out at chocolate bunny parties or summat? :lol:
Whats this "Voice " thing after Dr Who ? Is it another of those pointless "talent" programmes ? WHY oh WHY do they keep churning that stuff out - its either that or has beens or wanna bees dancing around something and some ego's voting on them . What has Saturday TV come down to .
Dr Who - not bad - not keen on Matt Smith still, but overall an ok story . Think he's not quite as OTT as he was , which is an improvement .
All quiet ..........
Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Re: The Dr`s prospective new assistant?
I`d like to quote Hugh!

"I Want One Of Those, I want one of those". :twisted:
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Someone like you? wrote:Re: The Dr`s prospective new assistant?
I`d like to quote Hugh!

Unlikely to happen if you keep refering to them as 'Those' :smt005 :wink:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Someone like you? wrote:Re: The Dr`s prospective new assistant?
I`d like to quote Hugh!

Unlikely to happen if you keep refering to them as 'Those' :smt005 :wink:
Haha true! But then again, if the poor woman ever had the misfortune ever to meet me, before I opened my mouth she`d run a country mile anyways??? Haha!
" I still want one of those"! (left, or right.... top or bottom) :smt005
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Quite enjoyed last nights episode, about to watch it for a secod time to catch more nerdy references I missed on the 1st viewing, I can then post the results on the geek forums.

Good news than Tennant and Piper are back for the 50th although I wouldn't mind seeing Paul McGann getting another crack at the role.

Anyway does anyone want to play the nerdy reference game. I'll start off : Doctor's new assistant is Clara Oswald, Oswald of course being the surname of the man believed to be responsible for the assassination of JF Kennedy. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22nd 1963, the day before Doctor Who aired for the first time.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

Jake wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:
Thats being generous , and to me the new chap is just copying David Tennants mannerisms a lot of the time .
very badly at that, he has zero charisma , we need someone like Jet Black to play the Doctor but we live in far too much of an ageist society for that to happen, guranteed Jet Black would make a much better Doctor than Matt Smith, even Baz Warne might fair better!

I think any members of The Stranglers would be a better doctor in our eyes.