UK Election 2010

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: UK Election 2010

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Manc In Black wrote:Cleggy gets the Libs in the lead for the first time since 1906
At least it makes it way more interesting rather than a 2 horse bore

Think I might vote for them
Lets face it, we know what the others can do.
Liberal Dems are on about electoral reform . I don't understand why .
Paper yesterday said Liberals on 32% , Cons on 32% , Labour on 26% .
This would translate to Labour 279 seats , Cons 269 seats , Lib Dems 100 seats ( give or take one or two - this is off top of my head ) .
So ............. the party with least amount of actual votes wins , while joint top comes third . Why would there need to be reform .

Seriously though , it show extreme shortcomings about our electoral system . I don't think I could tolerate another 4 years of that dull one monotonous miserable cretin there now . Don't get me wrong , not keen on Cam - and Clegg seemed unvotable - until now , with the general public .
A hung parliament - that would mean the politicians actually had to work for their money and be in parliament .
All quiet ..........
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

bongo wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
bongo wrote:I cant even vote SNP !! Terrible Nuclear policy :lol: Twats !!! :twisted:
Doesn't mean you can't work in the Nuclear Industry.

I would quite like for there to be none in Scotland, but could happily go on the Commisioning of the new ones planned in England.

Kerching!
Have to get past me first Davey :lol: :lol:
The money at the moment is life extensions, and trying to keep the old ones going.
You wouldnt believe the job we do, and i`d get hung if i tried to explain.
The new ones will be virtually bought off the shelf from abroad and plopped into a field. They are much smaller now with higher outputs.
But scotland does need new ones.BELIEVE ME :? :wink:
Split new Super Crit Coal burning jobs, that's what we need. King Coal to the rescue, as always.
Just let the tree huggers live in the dark & cold during the winter. That's what I say.

Anyway, why are we voting in an English election? If the three Unionist parties claim the Nat's aren't relevant in this one, then fine, dissolve the Westminster constituencies up here & let us go our own way. Scottish MP's shouldn't get to vote on issues that are devolved to Holyrood in anycase.
Last edited by Gene Regulation on 21 Apr 2010, 23:43, edited 2 times in total.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Gene Regulation wrote: Just let the tree huggers live in the dark & cold during the winter. That's what I say.
Until we're all there, of course.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Alias wrote:
Gene Regulation wrote: Just let the tree huggers live in the dark & cold during the winter. That's what I say.
Until we're all there, of course.
By that time all the pits that Thatch shut, for being "uneconomical", will suddenly be needed. Just a pity nobody will have a clue how to mine it then.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

bongo wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:They're all corrupt slimey bastards - Maybe a hung parliament isn't such a bad thing.

Jim
I agree !!!.I`d like to see them all "HUNG" :twisted:

Hooooo-rah!!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
paulwilko
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by paulwilko »

If voting changed anything, it would be illegal.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

bongo wrote:The new ones will be virtually bought off the shelf from abroad and plopped into a field.
Still need Commissioned though :wink:
Kerching!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Can´t believe that so many were taken in by Nick Clegg´s performance on the TV debate. All he seemed to do was pounce on the opportunity to grab the moral high ground when Cameron and Brown had a spat.

Maybe because he is normally so anonomous people thought he was something new, instead of just another opportunist.

Will be using my postal vote, as I am not allowed to vote in Spanish Parliamentary elections, but unfortunately my first choice of the anti "digital eonomy bill" Pirate Party, aren´t standing in the Northern Ireland constituency where I am registered.

Still can´t believe that in this day and age that old Etonians such as Cameron, who has worked for Tory central office since leaving Oxford, stand a chance of being elected. There´s no such thing as class division says the man related to the Royal family and who has never had to struggle to pay a bill in his life. Perhaps if Labour were as kind to their grass root supporters as the Tories are to the rich, then we would have long since seen the end of the Torries in the UK.

One last thought though, it seems to me and many people that government is now there to protect the Corporates from the masses, perhaps it´s a change of system we need and not just a change of government.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

:smt006
Sweat and shite and blood!
Aural Scripture
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Aural Scripture »

dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by dreamtime101 »

unbroken69 wrote:
Still can´t believe that in this day and age that old Etonians such as Cameron, who has worked for Tory central office since leaving Oxford, stand a chance of being elected. There´s no such thing as class division says the man related to the Royal family and who has never had to struggle to pay a bill in his life. Perhaps if Labour were as kind to their grass root supporters as the Tories are to the rich, then we would have long since seen the end of the Torries in the UK.
Spot on mate. Well said 8)
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

count me in on that, Cameron is a nasty bit of work, they all are but, fuck he's got to be the most shit of all :smt013