UK Election 2010

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: UK Election 2010

Post by Jake »

theraven1979 wrote:I'd say the majority of them are Jake. The lib dems seem pretty lubed up ready for the conservatives to give it to them. I suppose if you're an MP it's in your very nature to lose all integrity when there's a chance your career might progress down a different alley. Fuck the people.

Jim
Bang on with the integrity mate, you sound like a bit of an anarchist on the fly or maybe just brutally honest :lol:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ah I dunno - Just had a bit of a sinking feeling last night when I heard the news. I don't think I'll ever see a true 3 party race in my lifetime. Always will be Tories Vs Labour.

Jim
Jake wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I'd say the majority of them are Jake. The lib dems seem pretty lubed up ready for the conservatives to give it to them. I suppose if you're an MP it's in your very nature to lose all integrity when there's a chance your career might progress down a different alley. Fuck the people.

Jim
Bang on with the integrity mate, you sound like a bit of an anarchist on the fly or maybe just brutally honest :lol:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What's worse is when you see (as was the case this morning) a Lib Dem and a Tory MP together getting interviewed - both agreeing with each other and raising eyebrows to each other when something slightly disagreeable is mentioned - 5 years of this?!

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

AND Nick Clegg was late for work this morning - I'm surprised Cameron didn't punch him in the face for turning up skipping down Downing Street all smiles at twenty past ruddy 9 !

Jim
Rich
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rich »

Recipe for disaster, methinks. However, I hope it works out for the country's sake.

Cameron was so desperate for power (after failing to clinch a majority against a vilified PM), he's dropped his pants and bent over for Cleggy to slip him one. New MP to deputy PM in five years - good work, Nick.

They are so far apart on so many things, it's scary - immigration, defence, 'green' issues, europe, tax reform etc - and that's without PR.

Dave was so scared that a Lib/Lab pact was going to happen, full PR would be brought in (not the wishy washy AV system), that the Tories would be for ever in the political wilderness.

However, Cleggy's shot himself in the foot in the long term (for short term gain), 'cos a lot of the Lib Dems are further to the left than Labour, and their supporters didn't vote for a Tory government. Next time, they are gonna vote for Labour knowing if they stick with the Lib Dems they'll get the fella that's a direct decendent of royalty.

No matter how 'liberal' DC comes across as, he's a Thatcherite, privileged, out of touch guy. A reasonably smart political operator, I guess, but he's already showing his weaknesses.

Roll on the next election.

Rich.
Black and White becomes........
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

Rich wrote: Cameron was so desperate for power (after failing to clinch a majority against a vilified PM), he's dropped his pants and bent over for Cleggy to slip him one. New MP to deputy PM in five years - good work, Nick.

Rich.
that is sooooo wrong!! that was mandy mandelson and that other poofter ben bradshaw who suggested they spit roast nick and he could have 2 closet jobs!! er i mean cabinet!
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Stevie.T-'up north'

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

This once great nation is fucked from top to bottom. Whichever party resides at number 10, it'll take them years to sort it out - and that's if they ever will. Leave it to the dogs eh?
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 12 May 2010, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Sweat and shite and blood!
AnarchyinWA
SHAKESPEARO

Post by AnarchyinWA »

David Cameron reminds me of Alan B`stard from the TV series The New Statesman.
"someday i`m gonna smack your face"
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

So, we are officially all now ConDemmed!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Ravenette wrote:So, we are officially all now ConDemmed!
I Like that one :grin:
Stevie.T-'up north'

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

Jake wrote:
Ravenette wrote:So, we are officially all now ConDemmed!
I Like that one :grin:
Me too! Well done! :smt023
Sweat and shite and blood!
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

I saw David Cameron and Vince Cable this afternoon ... Cable did not look particularly comfortable to be honest. Sooner or later either he goes, or Osborne goes ...