Ian Dury biopic-starts January 8th.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Ian Dury biopic-starts January 8th.

Post by Frank Castle »

Just watched the trailer for "Sex and Drugs and Rock n Roll" the new Ian Dury biopic starring Andy Serkis in the lead role......looks amazing.Always thought Andy would be a good choice to play Hugh if there was ever a biopic about the MIB made....never happen though...... :roll:

The film opens 8th January....can't fecken wait....... 8)
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Ian Dury biopic-starts January 8th.

Post by C r a s s ! »

Yes, this lead bloke does look just like ID. They filmed in Hertfordshire in front of a crowd, and the music is played by the Blockheads and some of the cast. Mick Jagger's son is in it I think.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Whens the Dr. Feelgood pic out?Lookin forward to seeing them both.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

APOLLO79 wrote:Whens the Dr. Feelgood pic out?Lookin forward to seeing them both.
Feb/March there's a LIVE cinema release which means Wilko will be performing live from Koko (I think) and it's streamed to cinemas playing the film live, like.

DVD hopefully April-ish. :grin:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

Frank Castle wrote:Just watched the trailer for "Sex and Drugs and Rock n Roll" the new Ian Dury biopic starring Andy Serkis in the lead role......looks amazing.Always thought Andy would be a good choice to play Hugh if there was ever a biopic about the MIB made....never happen though...... :roll:

The film opens 8th January....can't fecken wait....... 8)
I saw that too Frank. Looks good indeed.
Hoping to catch it myself ASAP.

:lol:
This can't be undone

dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by dreamtime101 »

The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

thats where hugh went wrong, never got a serious disease, if he had done this would be happening to him, not fair.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Looking forward to seeing this. Followed by a curry. :lol:

Quite impressed with this by way of a refresher course :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Dury
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

what a waste is one of my favourite songs not a big fan but he was a nice bloke by all accounts.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

The Nosferatu wrote:what a waste is one of my favourite songs not a big fan but he was a nice bloke by all accounts.
Unti he was pissed, according to the Empire interview with Serkis I read a few weeks back, then Dury could be a right twat, allegedly.

I'm really looking forward to the flick and think Serkis is a great choice. I've a Facebook mate who's in the film too, which makes it even more interesting. Not sure how big a role he's got but he's definitely in it, playing some drug supplier or summink.

Not always a great fan of Dury BUT his lyrics and his what I think as more 'melodic' stuff is right up there with the very best of English rock, sometimes better than the Kinks. Tis only my opinion, calm down anyone feeling the bile arising within them :lol: Good biog too, still got it somewhere.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
PJayBe
Down In The Sewer

Post by PJayBe »

Off to see a free preview showing in Manchester on Tuesday courtesy pf my subscription to The Times. Good that for once one of their freebie offers is actually at a cinema near me!!!!!

Philip
wadey

Post by wadey »

I really cant wait for this. Think Keith Allen would have played him good too, anyone else agree?

I read in my Dury book that when Dury was pissed he turned into a nightmare. One band member would be assigned to what they called "Dury duty", ie holding the poor guy up and carrying his pissed self around for the night. He would then insult them all night. He pushed one too far, think it was Norman Watt Roy, insulting his family sohe just left him in the street on the floor. Ian also used to hate Germans and whenever he was drunk and saw some Germans, would go on a rant and pretend that loads of his relatives were killed in concentration camps. Then laugh when the Germans left looking devastated.
As he got older I suppose he mellowed out and had a new out look when he was dying. It was like a different man altogether.
I love the guy though. One of the greatest British artists of the 20 th century: his poetry is unmatched.