gimme shelter

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

gimme shelter

Post by The Nosferatu »

been watching a documentary about the stones disasterous 1969 san fransisco gig, what a mess, what a weird mess, youve got hippys juxtaposed with hells angels and pimps with guns, i didnt realise it was all captured on film, qualitys great too, a complete fiasco, horrible to watch in some ways but reccomended.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: gimme shelter

Post by APOLLO79 »

It also reminded me what a great band they were 8)
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

The Nosferatu wrote:been watching a documentary about the stones disasterous 1969 san fransisco gig, what a mess, what a weird mess, youve got hippys juxtaposed with hells angels and pimps with guns, i didnt realise it was all captured on film, qualitys great too, a complete fiasco, horrible to watch in some ways but reccomended.
There was even folks using flash photography :lol:
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

Head hogrider Sonny Burgis astutely claims that the Angels were played for chumps. No one ever mentions that an Angel armed w/a knife took down a gunwielding assasin.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

zontar wrote:Head hogrider Sonny Burgis astutely claims that the Angels were played for chumps. No one ever mentions that an Angel armed w/a knife took down a gunwielding assasin.

Sonny Barger.
It is beleived that the angels were so angered by their being snubbed by the Stones as a result of the incident that they planned to assassinate Mick Jagger. How much truth there is in this we shall never know.

Social historians have cited the Altamont incident as the point at which the love and peace bubble burst and the hippy culture began to decline.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

Thanks for correction, mr lunatic.

Think it's seriocomic conjecture, dingy bikers pining to snuff prettyboy rockstars? Hitler was allegedly so pissed after viewing YOU NAZTY SPY that he ordered a hit on the Three Stooges.
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

If you think what a stark contrast the start of 1970 must have been to just a year before in 69, the manson hippy murders, beatles split up, altamont..the buzz must have really worn off, must have been a great time to be in america, id of loved to have been there when reality kicked back in.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.