Rage Against The “X-Factor”

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Rage Against The “X-Factor”

Post by unbroken69 »

Organ Grinder wrote:Someone told me Cowell owns the label that the Rage track belongs to. Any truth in this? Funny as fuck if it is!! :lol: :lol:
You need to read the whole thread dude as that was discussed.

Cowell owns a label called Syco which is a subsiduary of Sony. RATM are on Sony BMG, so no Cowell doesn´t own Sony but he is part of the same empire. Sony are the real winners here as they also owned the rights to last years alternative to the X Factor namely the song Hallelujah as sung by Jeff Buckley. It would be inconceivable to think that Cowell isn´t a significant Sony shareholder, so im sure he does profit from the shenanigans.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Just been sent this which is very clever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdHyCjfFxM
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think it's all really pointless this. The people that are buying RATM aren't the ones buying the X-Factor shite so its not like the sales will suffer. Instead they're all sucking the corporate cock of Sony.

It woulda been more amusing if someone was just "singing" "Cowell is a cunt" or something - I'd pay for that.

Jim
unbroken69 wrote:
Organ Grinder wrote:Someone told me Cowell owns the label that the Rage track belongs to. Any truth in this? Funny as fuck if it is!! :lol: :lol:
You need to read the whole thread dude as that was discussed.

Cowell owns a label called Syco which is a subsiduary of Sony. RATM are on Sony BMG, so no Cowell doesn´t own Sony but he is part of the same empire. Sony are the real winners here as they also owned the rights to last years alternative to the X Factor namely the song Hallelujah as sung by Jeff Buckley. It would be inconceivable to think that Cowell isn´t a significant Sony shareholder, so im sure he does profit from the shenanigans.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

It woulda been more amusing if someone was just "singing" "Cowell is a cunt" or something - I'd pay for that.
:lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

ravenlunatic wrote:Just been sent this which is very clever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWdHyCjfFxM

Superb :lol:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

I like that! :lol:

Jez
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

I liked it when Cowel came on and thanked the great UK population and i bet he was happy without you i would not have the lifestyle i have.
They absolutely milk it a very sacred cash cow the x factor is.
Mr-Tele
Rats Rally

Post by Mr-Tele »

Looks like Rage Against The Machines done it! By about 50,000 sales apparently

Next year there should be a campaign to get Enough Time or Meninblack for christmas number 2010
They’ve been cooking on Blue Peter
Now they’re sampling the dishes
“I don’t normally like tomatoes, John
But this is delicious”