Famous people You have met.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Famous people You have met.

Post by jbinblack »

When I was a bartender I served McGYVER who stayed firmly at my bar on his own for hours!!!!! He was very very nice. Drank Moskovskaya and Tonic.
Trust in God, but lock your car
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

jbinblack wrote:When I was a bartender I served McGYVER who stayed firmly at my bar on his own for hours!!!!! He was very very nice. Drank Moskovskaya and Tonic.

Did he make anything interesting out of straws and cocktail sticks?
Boogie now, Dave!
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

A rocket launcher for example?
Boogie now, Dave!
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

No, he wanted to talk about hockey.
Trust in God, but lock your car
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

jbinblack wrote:No, he wanted to talk about hockey.
Disappointing. Can't think of a worse topic of conversation. Except for maybe golf. Or cricket. He could've at least carved a boat out of the bar with his swiss army knife.
Boogie now, Dave!
Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Sidinblack »

Tim Mcinnerny (Captain Darling from Blackadder) at Stranglers gig at SBE 2005. He was there with his wife and brought a ticket of a tout.
Stayed in a grotty B&B in the bush and next morning on the way to Victoria coach station stopped off at Stamford Bridge to visit the shop. Shop was closed so we went into the posh bit for a coffee. Met the whole team except John Terry. They were there for a meeting and bloody nice blokes to boot ( if you support Chelsea that is).
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Years ago I walked around a corner in Manchester and nearly collided with actor Tony Booth. Twenty or so years later it happened again. Uncanny!
euromanc-ometh
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

The most famous has to be Bono.3 times in all.
Once in the 80s
once in the 90s
and just there about a year ago.
last time he came to were i work as it a famous building with a lot of history in Dublin.
He came with the edge and a whole load of hangers on who kept on saying how great he was how good a man he was etc..
After seeing this i always thought bono was a pratt but now i can see and understand its not his falut.
Also when i was liveing in Birmingham i sat next to Benny from crossroads on the train.I was a school kid at the time and i told everyone at school no one ever did belive me ...
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

mickinblack wrote: Also when i was liveing in Birmingham i sat next to Benny from crossroads on the train.I was a school kid at the time and i told everyone at school no one ever did belive me ...
Me and my friend were pissed up in a pub in Birmingham. Think it was the Actress and Bishop. It was winter so we had woolly hats on us. I looked across to the bar and their was Paul Henry - Benny. You've guessed it, the temptation was too great and the hats went on with a chorus of "Miss Dianne". We were then thrown out of the pub on Benny's orders. he was the proprieter
how did I get down here, well it's a long story
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sword sparkle »

Apart from various Stranglers. I have conversed with Jools Holland (Scruffy and short) Tom Baker, Kirk Brandon (Spear of Destiny, Theatre of hate) . I have seen loads of celebrities but not spoken to many.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

clutchingmyteddybear wrote:
mickinblack wrote: Also when i was liveing in Birmingham i sat next to Benny from crossroads on the train.I was a school kid at the time and i told everyone at school no one ever did belive me ...
Me and my friend were pissed up in a pub in Birmingham. Think it was the Actress and Bishop. It was winter so we had woolly hats on us. I looked across to the bar and their was Paul Henry - Benny. You've guessed it, the temptation was too great and the hats went on with a chorus of "Miss Dianne". We were then thrown out of the pub on Benny's orders. he was the proprieter

That was his name Paul Henry lol, i was only a kid at the time so i didnt say miss dianne id say if id been a lot older i would off done lol
I say all thses starrs with fanous sayings get pissed off wiyth the public shoting them to them, id love to meet victor maldroop ha ha id love to say his famous line to him.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I was once on a train with Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew) who was constantly trying to get through on his mobile to someone - he kept walking up and out of the carriage to try to be discreet while bellowing "It's Richard" into the phone. He obviously thought by not saying his surname, no one would guess who he was! He does have a distinctive voice though!
No one can win against kipple.