Newcastle

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Newcastle

Post by APOLLO79 »

:smile: Good luck you're gonna need it. The manager Owen Coyle is from the same district of Glasgow as meself and both went to the same school. His Mrs was in my year and ran about with us for a while. Good to see a local boy made good. Couldn't handle a beating though. . From pool to table tennis. . Must've been the making of him.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I am delighted for Wolves and for Burnley.

The 70's are back. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Sorry for the Toon - no I'm not really :!: :lol:

As a Villa fan, I'm glad we won the game. We usually put someone down at the end of every season - this time Newcastle were the unfortunates, but one game does not a season make. Newcastle brought it on themselves for playing the way they did over the WHOLE season.

I'm just glad we had such a cracking first half to the year, I think we've won just two games in our last 16 or so - and both of those were 1-0 against the mighty Hull and the now Championship Toon. God knows how we managed to stay as high as we did :roll:

Still let's hope we put Brum straight back down next year :wink:

Anyway, football's boring - roll on Preston (and I don't mean North End) :P
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

I'm glad Burnley came up today, I'm glad Newcastle were relegated too! Not Alan Shearer's biggest fan, watching match of the day was effectively having a little bit of my soul chafed away every analysis, how can any man make the Geordie accent seem so boring? :?
I hope he stays their manager as long as possible, so they stay in the division as long as possible. They didn't even go down with a fight, they just closed their eyes and thought of England, disgraceful if you ask me when you consider how much is at stake, they have a lot of highly paid players at Newcastle ie. Duff and Owen (although I can't see Owen staying their much longer), and they paid a lot of money for them two as well as many others. Think of how much money a club looses when they get relegated, and think of how much money they spent on those players wages and transfer fees. You may argue their a big club, true, but Leeds were/(arguably still are) big club and look what happened to them... Watch this space
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

pleased for burnley, will be weird seeing them in premier league, the league is really changing, youve got clubs like norwich, southampton and charlton sinking into oblivion, peteboro, mk dons coming up, burnley hull and stoke in premier league, its an exciting time.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

And 3 clubs with the claret & blue....although only 1 deserve to wear it :lol:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Russ65 wrote:Just got back from Wembley. Come on you Clarets. Now we will see what all this premiership business is all about!!!
You'll get a good reception at Upton Park next season, keeping those whingers from Sheffield in the Championship for another season made everyone's day at West Ham. Be careful they don't try to sue you though for having the audacity to beat them. :twisted:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

Hull it was always lively affair when Lincoln played ,Burnley great that they are in the prem they have something that alot of areas lack local pride in their team.
Average sized town surrounded by the prems finest and they pull in good crowds a high percentage of the local population.
Too many prem tops in lincoln glory boy tossers , Our city our team is the slogan.
Newcastle will they get back i doubt it another club with big debts and only that parachute payment to cushion it .
Several players on 50k a week don't thing that that can be sustained in the championship a mass clearout is needed and players who want to play for the badge not the colour of the money.