Motorcycling.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate

Motorcycling.

Post by Sword sparkle »

Is anybody else on this fine Forum into motorbikes? I ride a Vfr 750 and have done for years.
I have seen the Stranglers at several bike shows over the years and it is great, my favourite band, beer and bikes what a great weekend!!
In fact they are a bit overdue to do another bike show. So hopefully that will happen again soon.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Motorcycling.

Post by The Nosferatu »

nah dont like motorbikes

got a vespa t5 scoot though,
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Used to have a Yamaha FZ600 :(
Would love another bike and it would probably be a Triumph or a Harley. 8) One day.....
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

You ought to do what a lot of riders do in Europe which is either stick one leg out or just hold your arm out.
Are you up for any bike shows this year Bong? We are going to do the Farmyard party in Yorkshire 19th to 21st june. Then do the Bulldog bash, 6th to 9th of August.
Bikes Rock!!!!
Yarp.
I.K. Burnel
Down In The Sewer

Post by I.K. Burnel »

Another VFR man here-1998 800FIx. Been off the road for a few months, but getting it back up and running next month. I test rode a 750 at the same time as mine-I liked the 750, but the 800 just did it for me.
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

The 800 is a nice bike. The Vfr's are so versatile and smooth.
My Girlfriend and I have toured a lot on mine with luggage, it has done a lot of miles and is it showing its age now (1990). I am thinking of getting a Blackbird which seems to be like a bigger Vfr.
Yarp.
johnsa
Rats Rally

Post by johnsa »

Hi there been riding all the time since 1979 started off on a fsie and been riding loads of bikes ever since i currently own a triumph sprint st which ive had from new since 04 always used to travel to stranglers gigs been doin it for years stay rubber side down johnsie0 8)
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Started riding Motorbikes in 1988, don't have one at the moment due to no cash.
Seriously miss riding, last bike I had was a H*nd* CB900F2 (customized with JMC swingarm, Goodridge Hose, customized single seat, dual headlamps and all that bollocks etc)
dutch moon
SHAKESPEARO

Post by dutch moon »

seen the stranglers at the rock nd blues custom show in 2003 also seen em at the stormin the castle in durham. as its been said, class band, loads of beer nd goood company what more can you ask for........oh and a decent english summer
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Been riding bikes since 1978, got a few in the garage, and even used to sell them for a living for a few years, but mainly interested in classic or modified stuff these days as the whole modern bike scene of fantastically efficient but ultimately rather antiseptic machines largely ridden by chartered accountants dressed like Buck Rogers bores me shitless.
I'm trying to find some time in between the demands of work/family/home improvement/etc. to begin a series of upgrades to my '86 GPZ900r: wider wheels, 6 pot calipers etc. All I need to do is finish the bedroom, re roof the garage, replace the upstairs windows, re model the garden, do something about the cracked driveway, fit new balustrades to the staircase, re decorate the hall and landing, replace the flat roof of the utility room with a new pitched roof to match the extension that I also have to build first, then re do the kitchen, build a new porch canopy, the rear chimney flashing seems to be leaking somewhere so that needs looking at and of course the lawn ain't going to mow itself in between time and there is always the question of working 6 days a week ................................................... Bugger! :(
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

After numerous close encounters with Him upstairs in me yoof, I tend to steer well clear of bikes these days. There's a fella at work, he's got a monster, (bike!), covered in paniers. He obviously needs the storage. Every time I see it I think to meself.... "Just get a feckin car!"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I am very tempted to get back onto a Vespa 50cc. :smt061
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.