What do you do with the kids at the weekend?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: What do you do with the kids at the weekend?

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

JJ goes back to his Mums, Ems is just away to her dancing lessons and tomorrow she has swimming.

I rest during the week ;-)
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Me? Well sundays the day cos i'm usually lying in ma piss on a Saturday from the night befores drinking. My boys 4 now and since xmas its the laptop,the ds and wii that take precedence:( Still likes the trips out and i think the zoo is next on the list. I think hes been to every park and museum in the west of Scotland. And then some. The daughter is only 8 months and the best i can do is a walk in the park,her in the buggy.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

I tend to let my 3 year old loose in the park. She runs around Forrest Gump-like chasing squirrels and harrassing dogs (not ideal). Apart from that - using the local pet shop as a mini-zoo, bit of swimming, digging up the garden (weather permitting), usual stuff. Wouldn't feel guilty about being knackered at the weekend.
Boogie now, Dave!
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Swimming training and swimming gala after swimming gala! Still, #1 son has just won a prize as top swimmer in his age group in the county, while #2 son is seond in his age group. As a result, both will now be in line for some professional coaching!

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
"Fading Dutch Moon

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon »

paulinblack wrote:Swimming training and swimming gala after swimming gala! Still, #1 son has just won a prize as top swimmer in his age group in the county, while #2 son is seond in his age group. As a result, both will now be in line for some professional coaching!

Paul
Sounds familiar to me :lol: but at the age of 15 the girls came in sight and trainings took too much time....which he now regrets.
Stu-Man
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Stu-Man »

My Daughters 6 at the moment, I usually take Her and Her pal from next door to her Mums either to the cinema, which can be a bit costly these days when adding in drinks sweets and popcorn etc. and the last time We went I,d just finished an early shift and promptly fell asleep during HSM3 (High School Musical, for those not in the know) only to awake sometime later and see the 2 of them down in front of the screen dancing like looneys!!!! was too embarrassed to shout at them during the film, so just let them get on with it !! another alternative is these soft play areas that are cropping up these days, there's one called adventure planet opened near me, it's a fiver each for 2hours and its huge, they both love it
ONE TO THE LEFT AND ONE TO THE RIGHT OF ME............
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

I insist that there's a rigid routine at the weekend

Saturdays I usually test the children on Stranglers B sides from 77 - 82. My eldest, she's 4 1/2, gets about 75% correct with the middle child, who's 2, only managing to say "Rok it To The Moon.

The afternoon is spent listening to the children's music of choice, a long as it comes from the first four Stranglers albums. After tea the kids often demand to watch children's tv but I have managed to trick them into thinking the 77-82 video collection is in fact Cbeebies. "It's Mr Tumble", my eldest called out pointing at Hugh.

Sundays we spend the morning playing Dress up as your favourite Strangler. We sellotaped a beard to my 9 week old today. She made a lovely Jet. My eldest came in with a completely bald head screaming "Im Baz, I'm Baz". She was told off and sent to her room. "We're only doing Mark 1" my middle child gurgled.

After Sunday dinner we play best Mark 1 gig ever seen. I always win. We then do a bit of art and craft. Last week we all made the wreath from on the front of No More Heroes.

Then its bed time.

Happy days
how did I get down here, well it's a long story
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Sounds like a happy well balanced household to me. :lol:
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Mine are 22 and 19 so they're usually out on the lash at weekends - don't know where they get that from :roll: :roll:
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

Don't know where mine is.......Im on the piss in Sweden! :smt030 :smt030
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Fatbusjim wrote:Mine are 22 and 19 so they're usually out on the lash at weekends - don't know where they get that from :roll: :roll:
GENETIX

obviously!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

paulinblack wrote:Swimming training and swimming gala after swimming gala! Still, #1 son has just won a prize as top swimmer in his age group in the county, while #2 son is seond in his age group. As a result, both will now be in line for some professional coaching!

Paul
Ah the days of getting up at 0430, cycle to the pool for 0500, 1 hour circuit/weight training then 1 and a half hours swimming(fave sesh was 4x 1500m free :shock: ), go to school and then back down to the pool at 1630 for another 1 and a half hour sprint session. In bed for 2000 :smt083
I don't know where I found the energy :oops: