Patent Docs

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Patent Docs

Post by theraven1979 »

Also, does everyone else put their old Docs in the shed or is it just me? I have this notion that I should keep them when I varnish the fence or something similar. But in reality I just have this stinking pair of docs with a spider in them

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Adds character to them! My boyfriend threw my last pair out and they weren't even that manky. Bastard! Hence I had to buy my new 10 holers.
Boogie now, Dave!
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Kathinboots wrote:
MULLY wrote: Always need to try my boots on before shelling out the hard earned - would never consider buying on-line or mail-order.
First time I've bought boots/shoes on-line but I can trust Docs sizes. They fit fine. I could've tried them in a shop first to make sure they were OK and then just buy the same pair on-line cheaper in the sale, but I've not seen them anywhere. Any other make, then I wouldn't risk it.
Yeah, it's always 'iffy' buying boots on line. I saw these amazingly fab mint condition Italian designer '60's biker type boots on ebay and thought it was worth taking the chance, got them for only a tenner in the end and they fit me like a glove!! It's as if they were custom made for my slender feet (which in most cases I need to put insoles in all my shoes and boots) But I'm sure that'll never happen again. Best thing I ever got off ebay and I often get stopped by people on the street asking me where I bought them!
Trust in God, but lock your car
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Kathinboots wrote:Adds character to them! My boyfriend threw my last pair out and they weren't even that manky. Bastard! Hence I had to buy my new 10 holers.
I hope your boyfriend paid for your new boots! The nerve of him to throw away your boots!
Trust in God, but lock your car
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

jbinblack wrote:... and they fit me like a glove!!
Would they not be better suited on your feet!! :oops:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

jbinblack wrote:
Kathinboots wrote:
MULLY wrote: Always need to try my boots on before shelling out the hard earned - would never consider buying on-line or mail-order.
First time I've bought boots/shoes on-line but I can trust Docs sizes. They fit fine. I could've tried them in a shop first to make sure they were OK and then just buy the same pair on-line cheaper in the sale, but I've not seen them anywhere. Any other make, then I wouldn't risk it.
Yeah, it's always 'iffy' buying boots on line. I saw these amazingly fab mint condition Italian designer '60's biker type boots on ebay and thought it was worth taking the chance, got them for only a tenner in the end and they fit me like a glove!! It's as if they were custom made for my slender feet (which in most cases I need to put insoles in all my shoes and boots) But I'm sure that'll never happen again. Best thing I ever got off ebay and I often get stopped by people on the street asking me where I bought them!
They sound niiice!
Narrow feet are a bloody pain. I had right problems getting properly fitting school shoes as a kid.
Boogie now, Dave!
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

MULLY wrote:Always the traditionalist...

in '79-80 with white laces!!
Yeah, toyed with the idea of getting eights, but I've always loved the tens. Never actually owned a pair of eights. To me, tens just seem to shout louder! :twisted:

They were also the same price as the eights which really helped to make my mind up. :wink:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Kathinboots wrote:

I bought my first pair in a shop to get the size.

Docs don't really suit my feet, and i always end up with my heels covered in plasters, but i love them to bits, so needs must.....
Claireinblack
kent
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Claireinblack wrote:
Kathinboots wrote:

I bought my first pair in a shop to get the size.

Docs don't really suit my feet, and i always end up with my heels covered in plasters, but i love them to bits, so needs must.....
Annoying! I think it was only the first pair I bought that hurt like hell but since then, after the initial stiffness goes, so to speak, after a few days they're fine.
Boogie now, Dave!
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Kath mine hurt forever....

My foot is narrow and long so it moves in the boot and rubs like hell.....

:(
Claireinblack
kent
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Mine are too (size 8). I know what you mean about the foot-sliding-around but I must just be lucky!
Boogie now, Dave!
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

eight that is, not 8) .Bloody smilies.
Boogie now, Dave!