Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Patent Docs

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Kathinboots wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Claireinblack wrote:Thanks for the replies....
I think at under £20 i just need to buy them!!
Just don't wear them down the front at any gigs :wink:
Too right. I still have some some very strange stains on mine from SBE. (or are you talking about crushing toes??)
Which venue do you go to gigs at :shock: :shock: :wink:

I wear 'Industrial' Doc shoes as a rule and they even get a bit wrecked @ gigs :smt010
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

January Sale @ Doc Marten Site

Saw this and thought someone on here could get a bargain?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Claireinblack wrote:
johnnyg1968 wrote:Hi claire i used to make shoes (balroom dancing ones) and a lot of them where from patent leather i would say they do take longer to soften but a hairdryer does a good job of it and it also takes the creases out of the leather

Wow, now that is impressive John !!!!!
Tip of the year award..

:grin:

Definately going for them !!
...and a spray of blue window cleaner helps stretch them! A tip I learned from an old Portuguese shoemaker!
Trust in God, but lock your car
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Too right. I still have some some very strange stains on mine from SBE. (or are you talking about crushing toes??)[/quote]

Which venue do you go to gigs at :shock: :shock: :wink:

I wear 'Industrial' Doc shoes as a rule and they even get a bit wrecked @ gigs :smt010[/quote]

I've got industrial ones too (my local little boutique were selling them and I like to support local independent businesses you understand) ! They're bloody brilliant (and also the strangely stained ones). I'm 5 ft nine without shoes and DMs add that little bit extra which is always a bonus...
Boogie now, Dave!
I.K. Burnel
Down In The Sewer

Post by I.K. Burnel »

I've noticed the last couple of times I've seen the band that JJ is no longer wearing the 8-hole Docs he favoured in the 70's. I'm fairly sure he's now wearing these:-
http://www.musikick.co.uk/Items/clo_721
Pretty hard core footwear. I believe Baz is wearing the same ones-I wonder why the change? A bit anal I know, but such things intrigue me.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

I.K. Burnel wrote:I've noticed the last couple of times I've seen the band that JJ is no longer wearing the 8-hole Docs he favoured in the 70's. I'm fairly sure he's now wearing these:-
Pretty hard core footwear. I believe Baz is wearing the same ones-I wonder why the change? A bit anal I know, but such things intrigue me.

Both JJ and Baz wore their new docs for the first time when they played Exeter Riverside Leisure Centre back in June 2007. I can remember thinking at the time how good it looked to see the pair of them back in docs. 8)

Now where's that anorak of mine.... :oops:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

gizzard wrote:
I.K. Burnel wrote:I've noticed the last couple of times I've seen the band that JJ is no longer wearing the 8-hole Docs he favoured in the 70's. I'm fairly sure he's now wearing these:-

Both JJ and Baz wore their new docs for the first time when they played Exeter Riverside Leisure Centre back in June 2007. I can remember thinking at the time how good it looked to see the pair of them back in docs. 8)

Now where's that anorak of mine.... :oops:
You never cease to make me smile Gizz!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Trust in God, but lock your car
I.K. Burnel
Down In The Sewer

Post by I.K. Burnel »

gizzard wrote: Both JJ and Baz wore their new docs for the first time when they played Exeter Riverside Leisure Centre back in June 2007.
Yes, that's where I noticed them. Perhaps there was somewhere in Exeter doing a good deal on them?
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:January Sale @ Doc Marten Site

Saw this and thought someone on here could get a bargain?
Seen it. Done it. They arrived today. Very comfy and didn't let me down on the slippy-as-f*ck pavements. Bloody ice.
Boogie now, Dave!
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Didn't get the patent Docs after all, but just got a pair of new Steelys from e-bay for £6.50.....

And very nice they look too.....

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

I am at this very moment de-squeaking and breaking-in my brand spanking new 10 hole Docs. Lovely 8)
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Blackbeered wrote:I am at this very moment de-squeaking and breaking-in my brand spanking new 10 hole Docs. Lovely 8)
De-squeaking eh...........

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Claireinblack
kent