Best Christmas TV?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Best Christmas TV?

Post by pigeon »

"Tuck in ma". It has its moments. Every house has a physcopath in it. Also Sky sports news has to have a mention specially in the january transfer window. The way it gives you the major football story and you have to sit through 10 minutes of Rugby before you get to see it.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Peter Serafanowicz Xmas spesh was the only thing I really recall watching - worth it alone for the stoned Terry Wogan impression.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Surely the highlight of the day had to be Wallace & Gromit. :grin:
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

pigeon wrote:It crowd & Match of the day.
Was dissapointed with Eastenders was expecting Sean to go back to being mental again. However the random line of "Charlie, you know how i always say to you id wish you'd fall down a well and die" :lol:
Agreed.. (apart from match of the Day :roll: )Who would've guessed that Sean was a comedian.. Hooray for Nick Cotton. He was one of my "wrong crushes" back in the 80's.
Boogie now, Dave!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

One of his best lines had to be when phil was about to beat ben to an inch of his life when someone said to ben who do you want to be like and Sean replied "He wants to be like his dad, all big and bald" :lol:. The next role for him surley has to be bill sykes. His made for it "Oi Come here Bullseye"
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

I remember many years ago on one of my very rare visits to our esteemed capital city standing in a dodgy fast foor place for a post-gig burger and one of my mates saying "LOOK! IT'S PHIL MITCHELL!!" So we all legged it out and ran past him pretending we hadn't noticed him and then just stood around nonchalantly a few hundred yards up the road and waited for him to catch up and walk past us so we could look at him out of the corner of our eyes. I know. A little bit pathetic but we were from the sticks and he was a proper famous person off the telly!! He was a bit thinner then. But still quite hairless.. :x A bit like this.
Boogie now, Dave!
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Just caught the series 'Outnumbered' ......... those kids would drive me potty :shock:

very good tho :lol: :lol:
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I don't think you can ever go wrong with eastenders at christmas. I love Doctor Who wasn't right into the episode this year I would need to watch it again which I might actually do today. But I think the highlight for me was the Survivors finale this week- bloody amazing, a great finale to a great series- been seriously impressed with Survivors, epic stuff!
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Just watched Mark Gatiss' Crooked House ghost stories on iplayer which were pretty good. I know he's he big horror fan so although it was tongue in cheek it was enjoyable. I wish they'd show "Whistle and I'll come to you" with Michael Hordern at Christmas again because it bloody traumatises me for weeks after. Can't even look at a bedsheet without thinking it's going to do something terrifying.
Boogie now, Dave!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Old Angus wrote:Surely the highlight of the day had to be Wallace & Gromit. :grin:
Bloody BBC, Sky+'d and still missed the end of this as well, :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 .

What happened on Christmas Day that put the Telly schedule out by 10-15 minutes :shock:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

Homer wrote:Just caught the series 'Outnumbered' ......... those kids would drive me potty :shock:

very good tho :lol: :lol:

That programme is amazing isn't it? It is written by the guys who wrote the excellent Drop The Dead Donkey but what makes it really work and really unusual is that the kids aren't properly scripted. They are given an idea of the plot (i.e you don't like that person etc) and the odd line to say but the rest is just kids being kids - and that is why it is funnier than anything an adult could write. That young girl is truly amazing but I think the boy is even better - the one that just lies all the time.

Excellent comedy.
:grin:
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Old Angus wrote:Surely the highlight of the day had to be Wallace & Gromit. :grin:
Bloody BBC, Sky+'d and still missed the end of this as well, :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 .

What happened on Christmas Day that put the Telly schedule out by 10-15 minutes :shock:
Think it was Brucie and that fucken dancing crap which overran again?
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com