Take a wage cut or lose yer job?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Take a wage cut or lose yer job?

Post by theraven1979 »

Just hearing about these companies where unions have elected to take a percentage cut and keep their jobs? Would you take 10% if you had to?

Luckily I work for a firm that's unaffected.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Take a wage cut or lose yer job?

Post by LAFOLIE »

Well I guess its better then picked up a UB40 card. Still not good, only hope things improve!
I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah right before Xmas as well - Hope everyone is fine on here.

Jim

LAFOLIE wrote:Well I guess its better then picked up a UB40 card. Still not good, only hope things improve!
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

10% cut or 100% cut. Bit of a no brainer isn't it - or am I missing something?

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nah yer right - It's quite a mature way of dealing with a shit situation. I hope it works!

Jim
paulinblack wrote:10% cut or 100% cut. Bit of a no brainer isn't it - or am I missing something?

Paul
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

The trouble is with this one is that if a company is really on the rocks is cutting 10% off the wages bill really going to save it? pobably not.
I've had all this before during the last recession. one outfit I was working for explained they were having difficulties and it was just a matter of pulling thrugh a cash flow problem, and so if we could work for a few weeks to finish the current project they would be able to settle up at the end. That was 18 years ago and I'm still waiting for my 3 grand they owed me before they went bust. :?

I fell for it again when another boss told us how he wasn't able to go on unless we all took a 15 quid a day pay cut, times were hard and so we had little choice it seemed. After about 6 weeks he turned up in a new Mercedes. The cunt. :twisted:
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

ravenlunatic wrote:The trouble is with this one is that if a company is really on the rocks is cutting 10% off the wages bill really going to save it? pobably not.
I've had all this before during the last recession. one outfit I was working for explained they were having difficulties and it was just a matter of pulling thrugh a cash flow problem, and so if we could work for a few weeks to finish the current project they would be able to settle up at the end. That was 18 years ago and I'm still waiting for my 3 grand they owed me before they went bust. :?

I fell for it again when another boss told us how he wasn't able to go on unless we all took a 15 quid a day pay cut, times were hard and so we had little choice it seemed. After about 6 weeks he turned up in a new Mercedes. The cunt. :twisted:

The same thing happened to me years ago too. I find it extremely hard to trust those offers, and even harder to believe the greedy corporations. You don't see the CEO's or sub bosses suffering at all.
Trust in God, but lock your car
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

jbinblack wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:The trouble is with this one is that if a company is really on the rocks is cutting 10% off the wages bill really going to save it? pobably not.

The same thing happened to me years ago too. I find it extremely hard to trust those offers, and even harder to believe the greedy corporations. You don't see the CEO's or sub bosses suffering at all.

Very true..
Claireinblack
kent
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

On a slight tangent, I love to hear those people who 'phone in to speak to astologers on the wireless to ask questions like:
"I wonder if Russell could tell me if its the right time to put all my redundantcy money and my life savings into starting up a new business?"
"Well Neptune is about to enter Uranus, what sort of business is it my darling?"
"I was thinking about a business hiring out speed boats"
"And where are you in the country my darling?"
"Coventry"

:?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Simular thing happening with the steel industry in this country. First we were told that a 10% pay cut was a gogo, then after meetings with our Indian owners everything is on hold until they make decisions in the new year. Its gonna be a very nervous next couple of months.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

It doesn't fill you with confidence does it.

Don't think they'd try that out here, too much wonga at stake.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.