If Barack Obama doesn't win now....

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

If Barack Obama doesn't win now....

Post by saminblack »

I dunno about anyone else but I have been utterly enthralled by the American election and I am really excited about the thought of a President Obama. I have found his speeches and his vision to be exhilirating and inspiring and I think the whole world will view America in a different way if it does the right thing on Tuesday.

We know we are not supposed to think of this as a race issue but let's be honest, what an incredible thing it will be to wake up on Wednesday morning to hear that the leader of the free world is a black/mixed race guy. And that in a country famed for slavery and the Klu Klux Klan.

The race thing however still worries me. Every poll for months has put Barack ahead by large margins so I genuinely believe if he doesn’t win now it will be down to just that one thing.

He is the best candidate, has fought the best campaign, he has the best Vice President and is running against a Republican Party that is held responsible for many of America’s ills.

He fully deserves to win and if he doesn’t then I can’t see any other reason than the one we never like to consider – the race card. Perhaps a lot of white people have told pollsters they will back him because they want to be seen as liberal but when it comes to the private poll will they change sides?

I really, truly hope not because I am convinced Barack Obama will be good for America and good for the world. I can’t wait for tomorrow and I plan a very long night of TV watching…..

GO BARACK. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Re: If Barack Obama doesn't win now....

Post by wanderlust »

The way it is going MCCAIN will be lucky to win a single state..
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Nice to see some interest in this election Sam, nice one. Regardless of whether ya interested in US politics this election certainly has implications on our lives here in the UK.

I have not followed the election run-up like you Sam, and sadly must confess to not holding a view one way or the other, however I feel one thing is for certain that if yer man Barrack gets elected his security team will have their work cut out defending him from every racist nutcase (and there are plenty!) in the USofA despite being of a mixed race. I'd give him 6 months.... :(
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

McCain looks bloody mad to me.

Stick to making chips mate.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

saminblack wrote:I dunno about anyone else but I have been utterly enthralled by the American election and I am really excited about the thought of a President Obama. I have found his speeches and his vision to be exhilirating and inspiring and I think the whole world will view America in a different way if it does the right thing on Tuesday.

We know we are not supposed to think of this as a race issue but let's be honest, what an incredible thing it will be to wake up on Wednesday morning to hear that the leader of the free world is a black/mixed race guy. And that in a country famed for slavery and the Klu Klux Klan.

The race thing however still worries me. Every poll for months has put Barack ahead by large margins so I genuinely believe if he doesn’t win now it will be down to just that one thing.

He is the best candidate, has fought the best campaign, he has the best Vice President and is running against a Republican Party that is held responsible for many of America’s ills.

He fully deserves to win and if he doesn’t then I can’t see any other reason than the one we never like to consider – the race card. Perhaps a lot of white people have told pollsters they will back him because they want to be seen as liberal but when it comes to the private poll will they change sides?

I really, truly hope not because I am convinced Barack Obama will be good for America and good for the world. I can’t wait for tomorrow and I plan a very long night of TV watching…..

GO BARACK. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Count me in on this one Sam, I think it's been the most fascinating contest over there for a long time.
Watching it on Fox News is absolutely hilarious, as they are trying every means possible to encourage their viewers to vote for McCain, without actually saying so. Todays slur was that Obama will bankrupt all coal mines. They also cling on to any spurious poll that has McCain anywhere near Obama.
Obama has to win for the sake of all of us, because should McCain die in office then we would have the Gun-toting religious nutter that is Sarah Palin as president. :smt066

Like you I am also worried about the race issue but even the Americans may see sense on this one.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
yongkuk
Rats Rally

Post by yongkuk »

This is a fantastic election race, my wife is American so I have to follow it regardless. I really hope Barack does it, and it looks like he might. My in-laws are dyed in the wool republicans, and for the first time in their lives they are voting for the democrats (basically sick of the war and feel America needs something new). If they are indicative of a movement by republicans to Barack then it is his.
3000 Albums in 3000 Days
http://300albums.wordpress.com
LAFOLIE
Ugly
Ugly

Post by LAFOLIE »

I think we all need something new!
I am the knot that slips from the loop

I am the earth that conquers the root
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

I'm just disappointed that I'm not over there immersed in it all! The last election was fascinating, but this one is scintillating!

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
Moneo
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Moneo »

I liked Barack the first time i saw him and some of his speeches. Even though I don't know much about the elections, Barack seemed like a good guy, which could fix America. McCain looks like he's got a jawbreaker (or two) in his mouth. What a creep. He keeps repeating "my friends". His friends are probably Palin and Sally McCain and that's all, or some weird/creepy imaginary vegetables like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRmey2WvWnw .
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

I don't trust any politician 100% but at least in the states they have a choice who to vote for unlike we do here...
henry moore
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by henry moore »

if barack doesnt win then i think its truly the end of democracy as we know it .i think saminblacks comments about the racecard are very true , america always seems to deny these issues exist !! which everyone else can see are blatantly obvious. maybe its as hugh said americans have smaller brains!!!!! :grin:
take a tour around a henry moore
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

A MCCAIN victory will mean a continuation of BUSH'S policies how many new wars will be started in the next eight years??? :roll: