Fears

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Georgie
The Man They Love To Hate

Fears

Post by Georgie »

Apart from the very common fear pf spiders, I have discovered I also have something called trypophbia. I found this through Google. It sums it up pretty well.
The phobia of holes. Specifically, naturally occurring holes whether in clusters or not.

Here are specific types of naturally occurring holes which are gross in the extreme to anyone who suffers from this phobia. Due to the nature of the phobia and the nature of the holes which occur in different types of tissues, human and animal, this is quite a big category. In types of meat holes are found and I think these are to allow veins through. There are lots of completely disgusting holes found in various types of offal. I believe that sweetbreads are particularly good for finding holes in (if you fancy this). Human pores on their skin, if enlarged, blackheads, pockmarks left by acne or other skin disorders. Holes in skin caused by creatures that may have eaten through the skin creating a hole. The most gross thing I've seen recently is the holes left on my skin by recently succumbing to that most childhood of illnesses, chickenpox!... ...Cheese that has holes may seem the most obvious, but I understand that this doesn't affect everyone. However, blue cheeses have the mold injected into them. The holes created by the mold working its way through the cheese are revolting... ...Those dried seed pods you get in pot pourri... ...Holes that are either naturally occurring in rocks or are created by the flow of water... ...Corals that contains holes. Natural sea sponges... ...Holes created in ice and snow as it melts.

This phobia was given the name trypophobia on 23rd May 2005 by the Oxford English Dictionary.

Mine isn't that extreme but when I see something it really freaks me out. BUT...I'm still preocupied by it. It feels morbid. I wonder how it's triggered.

What strange fears do you have?

*scratches...itches...shudders*
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Fears

Post by Niki Wu »

Georgie wrote:Apart from the very common fear pf spiders, I have discovered I also have something called trypophbia. I found this through Google. It sums it up pretty well.
The phobia of holes. Specifically, naturally occurring holes whether in clusters or not.

Here are specific types of naturally occurring holes which are gross in the extreme to anyone who suffers from this phobia. Due to the nature of the phobia and the nature of the holes which occur in different types of tissues, human and animal, this is quite a big category. In types of meat holes are found and I think these are to allow veins through. There are lots of completely disgusting holes found in various types of offal. I believe that sweetbreads are particularly good for finding holes in (if you fancy this). Human pores on their skin, if enlarged, blackheads, pockmarks left by acne or other skin disorders. Holes in skin caused by creatures that may have eaten through the skin creating a hole. The most gross thing I've seen recently is the holes left on my skin by recently succumbing to that most childhood of illnesses, chickenpox!... ...Cheese that has holes may seem the most obvious, but I understand that this doesn't affect everyone. However, blue cheeses have the mold injected into them. The holes created by the mold working its way through the cheese are revolting... ...Those dried seed pods you get in pot pourri... ...Holes that are either naturally occurring in rocks or are created by the flow of water... ...Corals that contains holes. Natural sea sponges... ...Holes created in ice and snow as it melts.

This phobia was given the name trypophobia on 23rd May 2005 by the Oxford English Dictionary.

Mine isn't that extreme but when I see something it really freaks me out. BUT...I'm still preocupied by it. It feels morbid. I wonder how it's triggered.

What strange fears do you have?

*scratches...itches...shudders*
My phobia is cotton wool or anything that crunches like cotton wool when you squeeze it. I once had a cheap 3 piece suite which I could hardly bring myself to sit upon.
If I had a phobia which was severely interfering with my quality of life I think I'd have to have counselling.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I have a morbid fear that one day the world will run out of pork pies.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

There is nothing to fear

Goodnight

:lol:
This can't be undone

Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

The Sewer The Sewer wrote:I know it sounds stupid, but I have a fear of not finding a toilet in time - Mainly due to the fact that when I had my appendix removed something happened and they managed to fuck my bowels up as well.

No, I'm not talking about Countdown - I said Bowels :?

OMG did you manage to claim damages?
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

The Sewer The Sewer wrote:No, it was too late - They kept telling me I had IBS and so I believed them until I had a scan at another hospital and they confirmed what had happened - There was a 14 year delay so I could not claim. I just have to put up with it now. :smt102

It's weird because I got into my mind that I had IBS for so many years and it was all the same symptoms, so normally when people ask why I don't go anywhere I tell them I have IBS as I had it drilled into me. But it isn't.

C'est la Vie :shock:
Debilitating and embarrassing isn't it! :oops:

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

cubey wrote:There is nothing to fear
But fear itself....
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

The Sewer The Sewer wrote:No, it was too late - They kept telling me I had IBS and so I believed them until I had a scan at another hospital and they confirmed what had happened - There was a 14 year delay so I could not claim. I just have to put up with it now. :smt102

It's weird because I got into my mind that I had IBS for so many years and it was all the same symptoms, so normally when people ask why I don't go anywhere I tell them I have IBS as I had it drilled into me. But it isn't.

C'est la Vie :shock:

Something similar to that happened to me.
Whilst at university and going through a divorce, I became the victim of a number of unwitnessed inexplicable petty thefts and unsolicited communications, one of which, daubed on streets in french innuendo framed with a heart shape, was even featured in the local newspaper as a romantic message of love. My subsequent breakdown was attributed by my nearest and dearest, to a lack of judgement in wanting a divorce brought about by stress.My complaints to the police were largely ignored at the time. I then spent the following 8 years battling with severe depression whilst bringing up my 3 children without claim to compensation or disability benefits.

I think that when you've been traumatised by a fearful situation you can develop a very unhelpful kneejerk reaction if, god forbid, you find yourself in a similar situation again. Of course some people get off on the fear of others. :smt011
Last edited by Niki Wu on 29 Oct 2008, 23:04, edited 2 times in total.
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

perky wrote: But fear itself....
Night night, sleep tight.

:lol:
This can't be undone

paul b

Post by paul b »

real fear of meeting you miserable fuckers in a pub in sheperds bush :lol: :P :grin:
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Frank Castle

Post by Frank Castle »

There is nothing to fear,but fear itself.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Frank Castle wrote:There is nothing to fear,but fear itself.

...And that big fucken spider that's right behind you.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'