Olympics

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Olympics

Post by wanderlust »

Well done to our athletes scooping loads of medals..

:smt023
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Here here.

I do enjoy watching the Olympics, there is just something special about them.
Claireinblack
kent
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

I watched quite a bit of the rowing this morning, that looks bloody hard!

Some great results for GB. Well done folks! :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Aye it's been good so far.
8)

Medals table
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... efault.stm
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

Here here. Has been good.

I thought the opening ceremony was top notch - out of this world. Even though the 'footprint' fireworks were digitally added it made great viewing for the average person in TV land.

As been said, and my first thoughts, London has a lot to compete with.

For those being there, probably the Best Show on Earth so far.... Apart from The Stranglers!
henry moore
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by henry moore »

felt sorry for the wee chinese lass who sung the opening song ,they picked another girl to mime the song as the 7 year old girl who actually sung it was deemed too ugly!!! :smt061 bet her family were over the moon :x :oops:
take a tour around a henry moore
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

henry moore wrote:felt sorry for the wee chinese lass who sung the opening song ,they picked another girl to mime the song as the 7 year old girl who actually sung it was deemed too ugly!!! :smt061 bet her family were over the moon :x :oops:
I didn't know that. Looking back now her singing posture did seem a little bit over the top....
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Ian9331 wrote:
henry moore wrote:felt sorry for the wee chinese lass who sung the opening song ,they picked another girl to mime the song as the 7 year old girl who actually sung it was deemed too ugly!!! :smt061 bet her family were over the moon :x :oops:
I didn't know that. Looking back now her singing posture did seem a little bit over the top....

Here's the scoop on that one.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/ ... 4591.shtml
Trust in God, but lock your car
ladpinblack

Post by ladpinblack »

A good day indeed, it pisses me off when so many people slag off the Olympics, if it was their son or daughter competing out there they would have a different opinion. Did you see Bolt win the 100m ? The only time i've ever seen anyone move faster was when I was in Italy with Sid last year. There was a sudden announcement that the bar was open and my little grey haired mate was gone in a flash !!!!
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

ladpinblack wrote:A good day indeed, it pisses me off when so many people slag off the Olympics, if it was their son or daughter competing out there they would have a different opinion. Did you see Bolt win the 100m ? The only time i've ever seen anyone move faster was when I was in Italy with Sid last year. There was a sudden announcement that the bar was open and my little grey haired mate was gone in a flash !!!!

Perhaps we should have entered Sid, he could have worn a Stranglers t-shirt, how's that for world wide advertising ??!!!!!!

That race was incredible, couldn't believe my eyes.
Claireinblack
kent
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ladpinblack wrote:A good day indeed, it pisses me off when so many people slag off the Olympics, if it was their son or daughter competing out there they would have a different opinion. Did you see Bolt win the 100m ? The only time i've ever seen anyone move faster was when I was in Italy with Sid last year. There was a sudden announcement that the bar was open and my little grey haired mate was gone in a flash !!!!
:lol:

That I can imagine.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

I was watching the Olympics the other day, and I was
wondering- is there anything that the Chinese aren't good at?

And then I remembered;

Picking cockles.

:lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'