Covid Vaccines

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Covid Vaccines

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 12:57 Trying to get back on topic; mask wearing as a minimum is now being discussed, I agree and do so anyway, but good luck ever enforcing that.
Again, let's create a problem as we already have a solution:

Test more people (the healthy including schoolkids) = more cases (cases don't mean ill people, LFT not 100% reliable and FDA phasing out PCR for same reason)

We moving into winter - traditionally always peak time for respiratory infections, culling of the old and vulnerable and a complete meltdown for the NHS - but now known as Covid resurgence !
Jake
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 13:29

Again, let's create a problem as we already have a solution:

Test more people (the healthy including schoolkids) = more cases (cases don't mean ill people, LFT not 100% reliable and FDA phasing out PCR for same reason)

We moving into winter - traditionally always peak time for respiratory infections, culling of the old and vulnerable and a complete meltdown for the NHS - but now known as Covid resurgence !

A test system that works would be good.

There’s certainly an argument that the Tories are using the pandemic to undermine the NHS, and what with that the so called Health Secretary who’s not very subtly revealed his stance on the continuation of a public health care model. I don’t want to get singled out as anti Tory, I am not sure how Labour would be handling the NHS given they’ve been out of power for so long now anyway.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 14:02 A test system that works would be good.
How about the tried and tested pre-covid model - you go about your business until you're ill then you stay home and don't spread it round? Seek medical help when necessary?
Oh hang on - they've got that beat - asymptomatic spread, gotcha! Doesn't matter there's little convincing data for it and even when it occurs it's not spreading a devastating disease - still, let's rip the heart out of society and terrify the living daylights out of everyone...
Jake wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 14:02 There’s certainly an argument that the Tories are using the pandemic to undermine the NHS, and what with that the so called Health Secretary who’s not very subtly revealed his stance on the continuation of a public health care model. I don’t want to get singled out as anti Tory, I am not sure how Labour would be handling the NHS given they’ve been out of power for so long now anyway.
I have a friend who works behind the scenes in the NHS and believe me, that institution is destroying itself without any help from government hands - you would simply not believe the eye watering amounts of money wasted whilst the people's well being is thrown in the bin.
Jake
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jake »

8088 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 14:26

I have a friend who works behind the scenes in the NHS and believe me, that institution is destroying itself without any help from government hands - you would simply not believe the eye watering amounts of money wasted whilst the people's well being is thrown in the bin.
I definitely would believe that. I’ve had enough horrifying NHS experiences to think how is this person on such and such a salary, that said I have had overwhelmingly very positive experiences of NHS staff at all levels.

Post by 8088 »

Jake wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 14:44 I definitely would believe that. I’ve had enough horrifying NHS experiences to think how is this person on such and such a salary, that said I have had overwhelmingly very positive experiences of NHS staff at all levels.
I'd have to say 50/50 - they were great when they were saving my life in hospital - not so hot in everything else.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I did a stint at NHS Digital and it wasn't ideal - too many Project Managers, consultants etc on serious money adding very little.

Again, front of house staff are amazing, back end projects etc not so great.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Post by 8088 »

theraven1979 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 14:52 I did a stint at NHS Digital and it wasn't ideal - too many Project Managers, consultants etc on serious money adding very little.

Again, front of house staff are amazing, back end projects etc not so great.

Jim
There's a lot of dead wood there that if flushed away would pay for much more front line staff and training.
Greatkudu
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes off thread a bit, the NHS is a great institution but as others have said they waste billions of pounds, the biggest problem I see is to many managers who run it Like a business, the staff ie, nurses, health support staff and Doctors etc are excellent but it's the bad management and to many suits who know fuck all whats going on, our local Hospital in Salisbury is excellent and they saved my dads life when he had Cancer and Covid last year, he's a tough old chap 92 very frail but still going. Lt Kudu.

Post by 8088 »

Greatkudu wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 17:00 our local Hospital in Salisbury is excellent and they saved my dads life when he had Cancer and Covid last year, he's a tough old chap 92 very frail but still going. Lt Kudu.
That's quite an age to be hospitalised - can imagine how rough on you all it was/is - sounds like he's made of stern stuff though!
Greatkudu
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Greatkudu »

8088 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 17:07
Greatkudu wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 17:00 our local Hospital in Salisbury is excellent and they saved my dads life when he had Cancer and Covid last year, he's a tough old chap 92 very frail but still going. Lt Kudu.
That's quite an age to be hospitalised - can imagine how rough on you all it was/is - sounds like he's made of stern stuff though!
Yes he's a tough old Buzzard. Lt Kudu.
MiB81
Ugly
Ugly

Post by MiB81 »

Got me booster, and flu jab, yesterday- Double bagged :wink:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
MiB81
Ugly
Ugly

Post by MiB81 »

MiB81 wrote: 28 Oct 2021, 09:59 Got me booster, and flu jab, yesterday- Double bagged :wink:
In related news, both arms a wee bit sore this morning, but that's probly
just due to the presence of the Project Heracles nanobots this time around. :smt006
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...