Uploading images

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Uploading images

Post by theraven1979 »

Had a few people ask how to upload images to their posts. Pretty simple........

When you reply or enter a message you'll see the following below.....
Burning Up Time - The Stranglers and Hugh Cornwell Unofficial Forums - Post a new topic - Google Chrome.jpg
Burning Up Time - The Stranglers and Hugh Cornwell Unofficial Forums - Post a new topic - Google Chrome.jpg (29.85 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
Click on the "Attachments" tab. Then "Add Files" - Select your file then finally "Place inline" <--- This bit adds it into your message wherever your cursor is currently placed.

Done. Remember you can always Preview your post and you should see the image.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Uploading images

Post by droopsnoot »

Could you edit the "image too large" message to include the limits? I just uploaded a couple, I always resize to 800 pixels across by whatever the aspect ratio dictates for vertical height, but it just said "too large". It'd be handy to know what the limit is. I resized both to 600xwhatever and they uploaded OK, so it's somewhere between those two.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

That's a good question. I've just checked the setting and the upload size was pretty small. I've just upped it to 2mb so that should improve matters. I can go higher if anyone wants. We've unlimited storage.

Jim
droopsnoot wrote: 07 May 2020, 10:11 Could you edit the "image too large" message to include the limits? I just uploaded a couple, I always resize to 800 pixels across by whatever the aspect ratio dictates for vertical height, but it just said "too large". It'd be handy to know what the limit is. I resized both to 600xwhatever and they uploaded OK, so it's somewhere between those two.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Excellent. As it turns out, the two I uploaded are still readable at 600x so it's no issue. It was just to take out the guesswork of how small things needed to get. I don't upload a lot of photos onto here, though I might go through some article scans when I get a minute.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Sounds good - cheers

Jim
droopsnoot wrote: 07 May 2020, 13:31 Excellent. As it turns out, the two I uploaded are still readable at 600x so it's no issue. It was just to take out the guesswork of how small things needed to get. I don't upload a lot of photos onto here, though I might go through some article scans when I get a minute.