Private Messaging

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Private Messaging

Post by theraven1979 »

I've had reports that some of you are receiving an overload of PMs - I'm not seeing this myself but I've switched PM functionality off until it's resolved.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Private Messaging

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

Jim, following the recent debates on here, two individuals decided to slate me via pm's and then forward those messages to all other site users. Totally inappropriate in my opinion, almost forcing others to become involved. As a result of this, I responded to those messages in the same manner in order to defend myself against the accusations made.

I would ask you to re-activate the private messaging facility, not for my own benefit but for those who aren't involved with this farce, for those who rely on their pm's to have private conversations with their friends. It doesn't seem fair that everyone should lose out because of the actions of a few, myself included.

Apologies to those who've inadvertently become involved in this. That was never my intention.

Regards,

Stevie T
Last edited by Stevie.T-'up north' on 16 Nov 2015, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Sweat and shite and blood!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Right that explains it then - In light of that I'll be keeping PM functionality off for the time being. Spamming people is unacceptable.

Jim
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Yesterday I received three general PMs that were sent to the Site Supporters group. Unless there were lots of replies sent late last night/this morning that I've not been able to see since the PM function is off, it did not amount to spam or to overload.
No one can win against kipple.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

One of the PMs was to apologise for sending the first one to everyone anyway.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I received a text message from someone earlier who said they'd received 6 messages within a very short time and asked me what was going on.

Jim

Bag Lady wrote:Yesterday I received three general PMs that were sent to the Site Supporters group. Unless there were lots of replies sent late last night/this morning that I've not been able to see since the PM function is off, it did not amount to spam or to overload.
Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

theraven1979 wrote:Spamming people is unacceptable.

Jim
Agreed.
Sweat and shite and blood!
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I think that some people who are infrequent users of the forum receive notifications when they are sent PMs and that caused them some surprise. There were certainly people logging on yesterday evening who had not been on for a while. Lots more names in black on the index page in the past 24 hours.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Bag Lady wrote:One of the PMs was to apologise for sending the first one to everyone anyway.
I got the same few pm's as part of the Site supporters 'group' and I replied.

I'm guilty of replying and of giving my personal opinion, but it was a mistake to reply to everyone in the group.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Bag Lady wrote:I think that some people who are infrequent users of the forum receive notifications when they are sent PMs and that caused them some surprise. There were certainly people logging on yesterday evening who had not been on for a while. Lots more names in black on the index page in the past 24 hours.

I received four PMs
I have now emailed Jim to ask him to remove me from the forum
Not interested in this behaviour
Claireinblack
kent
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Claireinblack wrote:
Bag Lady wrote:I think that some people who are infrequent users of the forum receive notifications when they are sent PMs and that caused them some surprise. There were certainly people logging on yesterday evening who had not been on for a while. Lots more names in black on the index page in the past 24 hours.

I received four PMs
Don't you think this behaviour will stop aftet this? I mean the round robin PMs not the toys out of the pram, handbags at dawn.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Claireinblack wrote:

I received four PMs
Claire, and anyone else riled by this, please accept my sincere apologies if my involvement is part or all of the reason, it's not worth leaving the forum for.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.