Private Messaging

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Private Messaging

Post by MULLY »

sparta7 wrote:
elvisintheclouds wrote:Hi Jim,
Just wanted to say thanks for keeping the forum running.
Can't be an easy task at the best of times...

8)
Seconded Matt
Yeah - thirded.

I know I can be a cantakerous ole git on here at times and some threads can get on my proverbials...but, it is a great site. So glad I discovered it all those years ago making the leap from lurking in the background to signing up and getting involved. I don't where we would all be without the effort put in by young James - I probably wouldn't have hooked up with some people I now consider true friends.

Vive la BUT 8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Dear Jim, just logged on after a couple of days. Can't access my PM's for some reason, have I missed something?
scouserat
Rats Rally

Post by scouserat »

I have veiws which are more right than left and have posted comments on none stranglers topics which may not be everyones cup of tea . I do get worked up on political issues im afraid but this is a great forum and at the end of the day we are all here because of our " love of a rock band who happen to be called the stranglers .Jim u do a great job mate i dont post that much even though i have been a member since 2005 but i dont think there have been many days gone by that i havnt logged on to this fantastic site and i thank u for the time and effort u put into it mate.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

It is an excellent Forum. Long may it last.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Keep up the good work Jim.
I hate to see anyone banned for voicing their views or using free speech even if I disagree with them or even find those views personally distasteful.
Reasoned debate should always be encouraged.

But personal attacks on anyone, or abuse of anyone who doesn't agree with you, is taking free speech too far.

I received 6 of those PM's but chose not to respond or even read them.

Time to get on with the usual business of enjoying ourselves and posting crap jokes and links.... :lol:
ManInBrown
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks for the words of support people. It definitely makes me carry on with this

Jim

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I will reinstate PM functionality this weekend.

Jim
HOFT
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HOFT »

its is baaaaack

let the fights begin

:smt064

:smt075
May the flies of 1000 camels nest in your armpits !

If you want SYMPATHY ?..........
You will find it in the dictionary between ` SHIT & SYPHILIS ' !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Play nicely folks. It's only a click away for me to switch this off again. If anyone receives any abuse/spam PM me immediately and let me deal with it.

Thanks

Jim
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Thanks for restoring the private messages.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

I hadn't noticed this thread until now and as it was me who sent the original PM to the site supporters group, I feel I should say that in hindsight I shouldn't have done that and I'd feel very annoyed if anyone felt they should leave the forum because of it. It was my intention to untick many inactive members from the PM, and only include recent commenters. I wanted to include Stevie in the PM for no other reason than I didn't want to be seen to be encouraging a "lynch mob", I felt he was taking over the forums with aggression and rudeness. He's entitled to his opinions but as others have said there are more appropriate ways to express them.

I too have had a couple of bans from the forum, but keep coming back, without the forums I wouldn't have met so many fellow Stranglers fans, and I'll always prefer here to the Stranglers related stuff on facebook.

Again I apologise to Jim and anyone else who were inconvenienced or annoyed by my PM and am glad to see the PM function back on the site.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
laurie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by laurie »

unbroken69 wrote:I hadn't noticed this thread until now and as it was me who sent the original PM to the site supporters group, I feel I should say that in hindsight I shouldn't have done that and I'd feel very annoyed if anyone felt they should leave the forum because of it. It was my intention to untick many inactive members from the PM, and only include recent commenters. I wanted to include Stevie in the PM for no other reason than I didn't want to be seen to be encouraging a "lynch mob", I felt he was taking over the forums with aggression and rudeness. He's entitled to his opinions but as others have said there are more appropriate ways to express them.

I too have had a couple of bans from the forum, but keep coming back, without the forums I wouldn't have met so many fellow Stranglers fans, and I'll always prefer here to the Stranglers related stuff on facebook.

Again I apologise to Jim and anyone else who were inconvenienced or annoyed by my PM and am glad to see the PM function back on the site.
Let you off :smt008
do you wanna