New Tour - Setlist Spoilers

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

New Tour - Setlist Spoilers

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Do you think it would be a good idea to keep schtum about the tracks they play live each night, so we all get a nice surprise on the evening?

Otherwise I'm going to leave for 3 weeks or it'll spoil the night for me :cry:
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: New Tour

Post by aldinblack »

I think that's a good idea. Ban all reviews / discussions on here until the tour is over !

Realistically I know that'll be almost impossible, so I too will try & stay away from here until I get to the roundhouse gig. That's a couple of weeks away though so curiosity will probably get the better of me ..
I Hate You !
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I can't wait to see the setlist!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I'm looking forward to seeing what the set is going to be. My first gig is on the 7th at Liverpool but can I really wait six days without knowing the set? probably not.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Alexinblack wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what the set is going to be. My first gig is on the 7th at Liverpool but can I really wait six days without knowing the set? probably not.

I know i can't.....

:(
Claireinblack
kent
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: New Tour - Setlist Spoilers

Post by theraven1979 »

I agree and we've done this in the past -

Please can anyone reviewing gigs or wanting to talk about the setlist please include the words "Setlist Spoiler" in your topic titles.

I (and Staninblack) will do our best to ensure this is adhered to.

Cheers

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Seeing the set list before a gig is one thing, but watching it on youtube is what spoils it. I managed to steer clear of seeing the set list a couple of years ago and not read any reviews on here but saw someone had posted a youtube link of Two Sunspots on facebook. Gave the game away big time because in seeing that I saw related videos to Baroque Bordello and Sweden. Couldn't win :smt102
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

fourth horseman wrote:Seeing the set list before a gig is one thing, but watching it on youtube is what spoils it. I managed to steer clear of seeing the set list a couple of years ago and not read any reviews on here but saw someone had posted a youtube link of Two Sunspots on facebook. Gave the game away big time because in seeing that I saw related videos to Baroque Bordello and Sweden. Couldn't win :smt102
Good point,
Pidge take note!
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote:I agree and we've done this in the past -

Please can anyone reviewing gigs or wanting to talk about the setlist please include the words "Setlist Spoiler" in your topic titles.

I (and Staninblack) will do our best to ensure this is adhered to.

Cheers

Jim

Absolutely! At a point in time where the future of the band is quite uncertain and it can go any number of ways, the least that we can do is ensure that when folks get to see The Stranglers on this tour, there's an exciting element of surprise there! I understand that not knowing what's going to happen at gigs is part of the appeal for some, so I'll make sure that any spoilers will be signposted for those who don't wish to know :)
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

parasiteinblack wrote:
fourth horseman wrote:Seeing the set list before a gig is one thing, but watching it on youtube is what spoils it. I managed to steer clear of seeing the set list a couple of years ago and not read any reviews on here but saw someone had posted a youtube link of Two Sunspots on facebook. Gave the game away big time because in seeing that I saw related videos to Baroque Bordello and Sweden. Couldn't win :smt102
Good point,
Pidge take note!
Haha! Think Adam was the guilty man as well :roll:

Can't stop people from posting links though eh?
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

If people don't want to see/hear the setlist, then not coming on here, Facebook, Youtube and email accounts that give alerts to uploads on subscribed youtube accounts etc would be the most prudent move for the next 4 weeks or so.

Maybe turn your mobile phone off as well :wink:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

theraven1979 wrote:Please can anyone reviewing gigs or wanting to talk about the setlist please include the words "Setlist Spoiler" in your topic titles.
Should be inserted into ALL review threads just to be safe, as no doubt someone will go onto one that doesn't and see they opened with 'Longships' and start a Hullabaloo about the thread title not having a 'spoiler alert' about it.

To play devils advocate, what about threads titled
"First track of set was Maninwhite - SETLIST SPOILER"
"Second track of set was Love 40 - SETLIST SPOILER"
etc etc....................

just saying :smt077
Last edited by Toiler On The Sea on 28 Feb 2013, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.