Support the site

Announcements about this board or the site will be made here by Jim.
Post Reply
User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33970
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Support the site

Post by theraven1979 » 29 Mar 2011, 15:50

Thanks again everyone who's donated. Just to let you know that we have enough funds so far for another year and a half.

Thanks

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
Sword sparkle
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 848
Joined: 09 Feb 2009, 21:33

Re: Support the site

Post by Sword sparkle » 29 Mar 2011, 15:51

Done, great site well worth the contribution.
Although never having met you Jim I am becoming more convinced with every passing day that you are a online character like Max Headroom and don't exist in the physical world.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss

User avatar
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 11871
Joined: 04 Apr 2004, 00:48
Location: UTOPIA!
Contact:

Re: Support the site

Post by ThruBeingCool » 29 Mar 2011, 16:05

Just tried to donate via my Paypal account which asks me for an email address to send the money to. Whats the address then :?:

User avatar
yellowcakeuf6
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER
Posts: 4535
Joined: 18 Jan 2004, 18:59
Location: East Angrier
Contact:

Re: Support the site

Post by yellowcakeuf6 » 29 Mar 2011, 18:19

theraven1979 wrote: Just to let you know that we have enough funds so far for another year and a half.
Ah, Bollocks! I was just about to get me wallet out! Oh well, always next year...................
Image

Flyboy
Rats Rally
Posts: 274
Joined: 04 Feb 2010, 10:57
Location: Trapped somewhere in Oxfordshire

Re: Support the site

Post by Flyboy » 31 Mar 2011, 13:51

Jim,

Just to let you know I've slipped in a tenner mate. Keep up the cool work.

Jeff

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33970
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Support the site

Post by theraven1979 » 31 Mar 2011, 19:24

Thanks - just moved you into the "Site Contributors" group.

Thanks all

Jim
Flyboy wrote:Jim,

Just to let you know I've slipped in a tenner mate. Keep up the cool work.

Jeff
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
Blackbeered
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2381
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 00:22
Location: Cirencester, Glos

Re: Support the site

Post by Blackbeered » 31 Mar 2011, 20:07

theraven1979 wrote:It's been over 2 years now since we had a "whip round" so now's the time to support the site (was going to do it earlier this year but thought I'd let the tour get out of the way). Last time there was a fantastic response and I thank everyone involved for that - it saw us good for a year and a half.

It costs around £150 a year to run this site (including the gallery). Whilst luckily I'm in a position to self finance the site it would be nice if people could see their way clear of a small donation a year to keep this site ticking along - especially some of the more heavy users (and that doesn't mean that just cos you don't post it doesn't make you a regular site user - you're still using site bandwidth which I have to pay for).

donate/ - this will allow you to donate towards the upkeep of the site. Please note that if you're 1 of the 10 people not running the ProSilver theme - the link will only work if you switch to that theme.

What's in it for you? Well mainly the continuation of this fantastic site - I'm constantly improving (I put the mobile phone plug ins in recently) or maintaining (deleting, backing up, assisting with forgotten passwords etc). Also, anyone donating towards the site will be placed (automatically) into a "Site Supporters" group.

I appreciate that maybe not everyone (that would like to donate) is able to do so at this time.

I'll keep us updated with how this is going.

Please note I can only take PayPal contributions (you don't need a PayPal account to do this). The reason for this is that it keeps the site funds in once place.

THANKS!

Jim

Alright Jim, having a spot of bother. I click submit and it takes me to my paypal login screen. I log in and nothing seems to have happened. What am I doing wrong? I've tried it twice now - does that mean I've contributed a tenner so far???

Shame I didn't see you in Sheffers mate, maybe next time.

Cheers Mike.
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33970
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: Support the site

Post by theraven1979 » 31 Mar 2011, 20:19

Cheers - I'll PM you

Jim
Blackbeered wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:It's been over 2 years now since we had a "whip round" so now's the time to support the site (was going to do it earlier this year but thought I'd let the tour get out of the way). Last time there was a fantastic response and I thank everyone involved for that - it saw us good for a year and a half.

It costs around £150 a year to run this site (including the gallery). Whilst luckily I'm in a position to self finance the site it would be nice if people could see their way clear of a small donation a year to keep this site ticking along - especially some of the more heavy users (and that doesn't mean that just cos you don't post it doesn't make you a regular site user - you're still using site bandwidth which I have to pay for).

donate/ - this will allow you to donate towards the upkeep of the site. Please note that if you're 1 of the 10 people not running the ProSilver theme - the link will only work if you switch to that theme.

What's in it for you? Well mainly the continuation of this fantastic site - I'm constantly improving (I put the mobile phone plug ins in recently) or maintaining (deleting, backing up, assisting with forgotten passwords etc). Also, anyone donating towards the site will be placed (automatically) into a "Site Supporters" group.

I appreciate that maybe not everyone (that would like to donate) is able to do so at this time.

I'll keep us updated with how this is going.

Please note I can only take PayPal contributions (you don't need a PayPal account to do this). The reason for this is that it keeps the site funds in once place.

THANKS!

Jim

Alright Jim, having a spot of bother. I click submit and it takes me to my paypal login screen. I log in and nothing seems to have happened. What am I doing wrong? I've tried it twice now - does that mean I've contributed a tenner so far???

Shame I didn't see you in Sheffers mate, maybe next time.

Cheers Mike.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

Flyboy
Rats Rally
Posts: 274
Joined: 04 Feb 2010, 10:57
Location: Trapped somewhere in Oxfordshire

Re: Support the site

Post by Flyboy » 31 Mar 2011, 20:28

Surprised I had any dosh left after this tour...........oh and the Convention!

Well worth the pleasure. I giggle at some of the inane drivel that just oozes out of some of the threads! :lol:

sandyinblack
Rats Rally
Posts: 422
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 01:21
Location: over the campsie fells

Re: Support the site

Post by sandyinblack » 31 Mar 2011, 23:11

Just sent the money. Wish I could afford to send more.
Thanx for keeping the site going Jim
Worth every penny.
Sandy :grin:
Punk could be the first step towards Utpoia

User avatar
PeteL
Rats Rally
Posts: 385
Joined: 08 Dec 2005, 14:06
Location: South Coast

Re: Support the site

Post by PeteL » 01 Apr 2011, 11:08

Cheers Jim, keep up the great work :smt023
Yes I can drive drive

User avatar
evonx
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER
Posts: 4609
Joined: 29 Oct 2003, 21:52
Location: the netherlands
Contact:

Re: Support the site

Post by evonx » 02 Apr 2011, 14:28

Please pm me the email address - the link doesn't work now? Cheers, Eric
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came

Post Reply