ISP Host move and downtime

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

ISP Host move and downtime

Post by theraven1979 »

I need to move us off this host (currently costing me/us £20 a month) and move onto another host I have (already paid for by site contributors - thanks again). This means that our pot of money will go further (I don't want to pass the begging bowl around again).

This isn't a problem so no need to panic. However, it does mean that at some point over a weekend we will see some downtime whilst I carry this out. I don't know whether it will be this weekend or one in the near future but if you see the site down message then you will know why.

If you're a member of the Burning Up Time FB group then I will keep us informed via that group while this is down.

And yes I will take a backup first. :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: ISP Host move and downtime

Post by theraven1979 »

Ok move went ok - I've not had chance to extensively test this so there's bound to be some minor issues - If you notice anything can you PM me.

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: ISP Host move and downtime

Post by theraven1979 »

I'm aware of the following issues.

(in order of priority)

- Email notifications are not working - it's basically SMTP settings that I need to sort - I'll sort this out over the course of the next few days.

- View More Smilies - I guess some of you would say this is a higher priority! - will sort this soon.

Thanks to those who have let me know - Anything else gimme a shout

Cheers

Jim