Get The Stranglers Back in the Charts.....

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Get The Stranglers Back in the Charts.....

Post by theraven1979 »

Hilarious!

To put the story right I got a beer and stood at the back until around 10.30 when I buggered off for my train.

Anyway Spooner are you gonna support this band and buy the single or not?

Jim

ThruBeingCool wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:The only gig I saw you at was Sheffield - you were stood at the bar all night - I walked past you covered in sweat as I'd been pogoing at the front - you (still stood at the bar) said hello in passing whilst I got a (much needed) beer in. That's it

Jim

A lie! How can you say that I was stood at the bar all night when you left after about 5 songs into the gig? Even Homer will tell ya I was down the front with him. You didn't get a beer in either you went straight home and your review of this night will verify that. You're just making things up now! You lying cnut! Fair enough..have a go at me..but don't make things up.

YOU ARE A LYING CUNT SIR, MAKE NO MISTAKE! :smt006
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

I never thought id see the day, but Jim's made this thread descend into argumental farce, i love it.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

Can we just get on with the bigger picture here guys
Think you've all said enough

Suggest if you don't want to support this initiative - then get off the thread
otherwise we'll need to lock the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

theraven1979 wrote:No - don't bother with that if you're a member on here - unless you're on Facebook - Up to you to be honest you're old enough to decide for yourself,.

Jim
ThruBeingCool wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:
So get behind them then !

Jim
By joining FACEBOOK right :?:
:smt009 I'm seeing my doctor because of this facebook thing.The trauma :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

gizzard wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Furthermore!

If anyone tries to suggest that I am less of a Stranglers fan by not joining FACETWUNTINGFUCKETYFUCKBOOK....well,they can fuck right off :!:

Rant paused. :wink:
When I first signed up for facebook Baz ole chap YOU were already on there! :|
BERYL!Tell me it isn't so! :smt009
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Yeah, I joined FACEBOOK for a while. Soon closed the account after seeing what it encouraged.

gizzard wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Furthermore!

If anyone tries to suggest that I am less of a Stranglers fan by not joining FACETWUNTINGFUCKETYFUCKBOOK....well,they can fuck right off :!:

Rant paused. :wink:
When I first signed up for facebook Baz ole chap YOU were already on there! :|
[/quote]
Kiddin aside Barry,what DOES it encourage? :?:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Sorry I was just feeling that way out last night - Won't happen again - back on track dudes!!

The FB group has slowed down a bit we need to think about posting on other forums or creating a buzz elsewhere - I'm hoping to get details of radio stations with the promo soon

Jim
The Nosferatu wrote:I never thought id see the day, but Jim's made this thread descend into argumental farce, i love it.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Well, that was heavy :oops: :oops: :oops: And yeah .......... I always see TBC in the moshpit :lol: :lol:
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

theraven1979 wrote:Sorry I was just feeling that way out last night - Won't happen again - back on track dudes!!

The FB group has slowed down a bit we need to think about posting on other forums or creating a buzz elsewhere - I'm hoping to get details of radio stations with the promo soon

Jim
The Nosferatu wrote:I never thought id see the day, but Jim's made this thread descend into argumental farce, i love it.
Apology accepted :P
The promos should be in the hands of the radio stations NOW.The release is only 4 weeks away.Would be great come
Sunday night,Janice Long giving it a surprise spin 8)
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

No need to apologize, i want to see it more often. ;-)
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

theraven1979 wrote:Always see you at the bar whilst I (and everyone else) is pogoing away

Jim

Jim - I've seen the boy Spooner at quite a few Stranglers/Stranglers related evenings over the years and I have to say the man is commonly seen down the front when he's not getting in his ale or having a pish. He's even been filmed down the front, and I have to say, no one can mistake his sheer photogenia. I've seen him at the front because I've been to the gigs - and I guess you don't really go, so you won't know if Spooner is there or not.

I think only once he was distal to the band and that was at an open air gig in Norfolk and I had Fritz eith me who was busy eating hot dogs near the stall. Jim, maybe you should stick to the facts and then you won't be in the wrong?!!

:grin:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I know he is - It was all a bit of a wind up just in case you didn't realise ! :smt006 :lol:

And the only reason Spooner is not seen by me at the gigs is cos he's 4ft 8. Also, since when have you been to tons of gigs? Not seen you up here - I've done a few Southern ones in my time - Oh yeah I saw you briefly at SBE

Jim
C r a s s ! wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Always see you at the bar whilst I (and everyone else) is pogoing away

Jim

Jim - I've seen the boy Spooner at quite a few Stranglers/Stranglers related evenings over the years and I have to say the man is commonly seen down the front when he's not getting in his ale or having a pish. He's even been filmed down the front, and I have to say, no one can mistake his sheer photogenia. I've seen him at the front because I've been to the gigs - and I guess you don't really go, so you won't know if Spooner is there or not.

I think only once he was distal to the band and that was at an open air gig in Norfolk and I had Fritz eith me who was busy eating hot dogs near the stall. Jim, maybe you should stick to the facts and then you won't be in the wrong?!!

:grin: