Moderators Required

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Moderators Required

Post by theraven1979 »

After a number of recent (as someone else described so eloquently) "Bitchfests" I'd like 3 or 4 people to help moderate the site. I'd ideally like the following:-

- A member of the site contributor group
- A forum regular (don't have to be a regular poster just someone who visits usually daily).
- Someone who can take a reasoned and (fairly unbiased) and sensible standpoint view.
- Someone who is willing to invest a small amount of time to moderate (to be honest you'll do this as you're doing your usual catch up/forums reading).

Any serious contenders that fit the picture above please PM me.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Moderators Required

Post by theraven1979 »

Been asked a couple of questions so thought I'd also post the answers on here.

What does a moderator do?
Your membership will stay exactly as it is but you will now also have the ability to edit/delete posts/topics on the forum. What I'm looking for here is for people who are going to delete posts when things get a bit silly. As the moderator will be someone I can trust any decisions made will have my backing and will be the correct decision for the forum.

When will I know if I'm a moderator?
This is not something I will be rushing in to. I'm able to visit the site daily at the moment and I've sin-binned major offenders so I believe we're ok for a while. If you put your name forward I will let you know either way.

What's the benefit of being a moderator?
You're a special type of member now in that you will have the ability to moderate. A moderator can be heavily involved in the forums or do the odd moderating when required. I'm not looking for someone deleting posts left, right and centre but when required (i.e the recent Lone Akita and Wadey thread) I would be looking for someone to stop things getting silly especially if I'm away from the forums. I guess one of the main benefits is getting rid of the crappy irrelevant offensive posts and being able to do something about it.

Any further questions or if you're interested PM me.

Cheers

Jim
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

"Who guards the guards?"
grayo
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by grayo »

No good me applying............I'd probably ban myself in the first week :grin:

Fly straight with taxi for grayo.............
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

grayo wrote:No good me applying............I'd probably ban myself in the first week :grin:

Fly straight with taxi for grayo.............
:lol: you'd make a good BAD cop Grayo!
Trust in God, but lock your car
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

:smt069
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

So did you get any takers Jim, if you'll pardon the expression.....

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Claireinblack wrote:So did you get any takers Jim, if you'll pardon the expression.....

what about yourself claire you seem to have a senisable head on you.Would you not have a go...
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

mickinblack wrote:
Claireinblack wrote:So did you get any takers Jim, if you'll pardon the expression.....

what about yourself claire you seem to have a senisable head on you.Would you not have a go...
Yeah Claire...I second that!
Trust in God, but lock your car
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

The moderators (short singular form: "mod") are users (or employees) of the forum which are granted access to the posts and threads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion (similar to arbitration) and also keeping the forum clean (neutralising spam and spambots etc). Because they have access to all posts and threads in their area of responsibility, it is common for a knowledgeable and trustworthy member to be promoted to moderator for such a task. Moderators also answer users' concerns about the forum, general questions, as well as responding to specific complaints. Moderators themselves may have ranks: some may be given mod privilege over only a particular topic or section, while others (called 'global' or 'super') may be allowed access anywhere. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads; closing, renaming, stickying of threads; banning, unbanning, warning the members; or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.

Lukejake :?:

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Around 6 users stepped forward so far - I'm looking for a few more ideally - I'll get the selected names together in a couple of months.

Jim
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

theraven1979 wrote:Around 6 users stepped forward so far
:roll:

They weren't 'sensitive' were they????