Forum Etiquette

Announcements by moderators will be posted here.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Forum Etiquette

Post by theraven1979 »

I appreciate the following only really appeals to a very small minority but can we all remember some simple forum etiquette.....

- Try to remain on topic. Whilst I appreciate that discussion will and does sometimes drift slightly can people refrain from turning topics into a slagging match.

- Be respectful to others. Abuse, racism etc won't be tolerated and nothing is ever solved by throwing abuse back at people. If someone has been abusive to you or others then let me know and I'll remove the post or bin the person in question.

- There will be quiet times. This is natural. Let it pass :smile: . The forums will go through moments where not much is happening and tumbleweed is visible. This is fine. Usually when Hugh or The Stranglers aren't touring or releasing albums etc. Whilst it's absolutely fine to discuss other bands or past glories it's also ok not to post for the sake of it. You won't be receiving a trophy or badge for "forum member with most posts" etc.

This isn't up for discussion and any repeat offenders will be binned as I don't have the time or the interest in mopping up after people. You can PM me direct should you wish to discuss further.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Forum Etiquette

Post by theraven1979 »

Just a further update on this as the forums becomes a little busier than usual due to the tour. Particular attention to the abuse section - hate to call it out but please be respectful to others. If you post directing abuse to another forum member then expect your post to be deleted. If you have a (justified) issue with another forum member then rather than react with an abusive post simply message me privately and I'll look into the matter and take action if necessary.

Thankfully, the instances of this happening are far and few between.

Thanks and enjoy

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"